Hornbeck and ECO physical requirements

Hi Bill,

I asked him that and he said there was only one and no one could tell me last time it was calibrated. Guys will pass weather its calibrated or not because 90 is below average for a guy anyway.

A lot of people say that he doesn’t let them pass if their blood pressure is borderline.

Basically the drug test is first, then blood pressure and vision test I think. Then the grip strength test(90psi), I never made it past there but I asked and they were pretty direct with their requirements. Crawl through a loopy thing, open a big valve handle thing and lift a milk crate with a 50 pound weight in it to a shelf.

You can buy a cheap grip exercise device for $15 and a cheap grip strength dynamometer for $30. In a few weeks you’ll be strong enough, but by then you’ll have a good job somewhere else.e.

Where can I buy a dynamomter? I would really like to know so I don’t go all the way out there again without knowing for sure first…

Ebay or amazon or probably even at at Walmart. While I was on ebay, I looked and found a lot of dynamometers at various prices.

THANKS. Other than this Forum, it’s like pulling alligator teeth getting information solid information. I know these recruiters are “busy,” but you would think the companies would either update their websites or hire someone to respond to e-mails. In the process of doing some research, I have come across enough articles and stories that all point to the fact that oil drilling in the Gulf, hiring, and future job security are all very good right now, in this industry. Good Luck. Bill

I’m with you J, I had offers from ECO and O .Candies and they both used that industrial medical facility in Houma at the time…I filled out the 4 or 5 page history sheet honestly and things from 10 years ago shut me down…I learned from that lesson …Never again…

DOT requirements, are already every two years for a physical and in trucking , you have a medical card that you carry…It’s a pain to get renewed but it sure saves this kind of hassle from the gate keepers…And it’s a fair evaluation from an unbiased DR…

Can somebody post the whole physical???

I need to work up a Workout DVD…heeyyyy “Workboat Medical Insanity Workout” Pass your physical with flying colors, just buy my DVD…only 59.95 + shipping…it’s insane…lol

No really, I’d like to know the whole thing IN detail!!

Which one…Hornbeck or ECO?

Which one? ECO or Hornbeck?

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;71612]Can somebody post the whole physical???

I need to work up a Workout DVD…heeyyyy “Workboat Medical Insanity Workout” Pass your physical with flying colors, just buy my DVD…only 59.95 + shipping…it’s insane…lol

No really, I’d like to know the whole thing IN detail!![/QUOTE]

Are they not the same?? Crap!

[B]Something is very fishy here because there seems to be part of what i wrote about hornbeck missing from my post[/B]

[B]IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOU WITH HORNBECK PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT CAJAYA@ROCKETMAIL.COM[/B]

i think i may not be receiving all my messages on this site

Haha. I have worked for Chouest for a few years. A little back story of my health and fitness level: I am 25 years old, been training MMA for 4-5 years ( part owner of a gym) weight train 5 days a week, eat mainly veggies and lean meats, never take any medication including aspirin.

When I saw dr duet he told me I needed to watch my weight because I am borderline over weight. Now, I am 5’7 and 135-140 lbs and have visible abs.

I was baffled…

BMI perhaps?

I read on this forum recently that Dr. Duett was no longer at ECO. Sounds like he’s still there. Glad I don’t have to deal with him.

He’s gone.

Yeah he is gone. I mean I can’t imagine 135-140 lbs being overweight for someone who is 5’7. I mean I am the size of a fourteen year old. Lol.

What GOM companies make you take a pulmonary function test?

BMI chart shows you as not overweight until 160lbs.

• Updated - - -

I’ll tell you this, if ya have to do one purse your lips like a brass horn player. The venturi created will get you a passable score.

[QUOTE=rkbakula;115634]What GOM companies make you take a pulmonary function test?[/QUOTE]

HOS makes you do a PFT during the physical. You have 10 attempts to do three passing tests.

Kirby does an Inrtek test which is no joke as well.