Hawspipe guidance

Hey All,

New here and looking for advice…I have worked on passenger ferries for several years and am looking to cross over to tugs or OSVs. I have a 500 GRT INLAND/ 150 GRT NC Master. I just got AB special with STCW. I live in the Northeast so the NY tugs are appealing because it’s close and I like the equal time rotation. I am so willing to pay my dues on deck as long as it takes to get to the wheelhouse. Will anyone hire a guy that is pushing 40 to be a deckhand?

[QUOTE=“cowboy;116469”]Hey All,

New here and looking for advice…I have worked on passenger ferries for several years and am looking to cross over to tugs or OSVs. I have a 500 GRT INLAND/ 150 GRT NC Master. I just got AB special with STCW. I live in the Northeast so the NY tugs are appealing because it’s close and I like the equal time rotation. I am so willing to pay my dues on deck as long as it takes to get to the wheelhouse. Will anyone hire a guy that is pushing 40 to be a deckhand?[/QUOTE]

Our new deckhand is over 50 and green to tugs. He’s from passenger vessels and also has some form of license. Not sure what kind

I am going to start calling around as soon as I get my updated MMC. Any advice which companies to try?

All of them.
Rinse.
Repeat.