Hawsepipe CD

Ever tried putting Hawsepipe CD directly on the Hard-drive? My netbook has no CD drive but I could move it with my desktop.

You can make an .iso image file of the disc, and store that image on your hard drive. You will need a program like Daemon tools lite to create a “virtual drive” on your netbook and open the image just as if it were an actual disc. Really easy process once you figure it out. Of course you will need a computer that has a drive to create the .iso first (your desktop computer).

This is how I store all of my movies that I take offshore and watch them as if I had the disc w/ me. I have also done this w/ my digital Bowditch disc as well. I am able to carry hundreds of movies w/ me on an external hardrive this way, w/o actually having the discs out here.

HTH.

[QUOTE=Conspearasea;30772]You can make an .iso image file of the disc, and store that image on your hard drive. You will need a program like Daemon tools lite to create a “virtual drive” on your netbook and open the image just as if it were an actual disc. Really easy process once you figure it out. Of course you will need a computer that has a drive to create the .iso first (your desktop computer).

This is how I store all of my movies that I take offshore and watch them as if I had the disc w/ me. I have also done this w/ my digital Bowditch disc as well. I am able to carry hundreds of movies w/ me on an external hardrive this way, w/o actually having the discs out here.

HTH.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great tip! I like the hawsepipe software and was trying to figure out a way to do this with a netbook.

On another note…I’m actually in Atlantic Beach taking a celestial nav course…small world!

No problem, it took me a while to figure the best way to avoid carrying a bunch of Discs around, and this has been my best way yet.

Where are you taking the celestial course? Its a CG approved course? My guess is that its with Capt Bob? Can you send me any contacts or info, I need this class once I finish testing for the 500GRT and would Love to do it at home.

Thanks.

http://maritimelicensetraining.com/

^^ There you are and yes it’s with Bob Russo, even though he is stuck out of the country so a guy named Wayne is teaching it so far. It is CG approved, and I actually found it through the CG web site. Are you off now? If so you should try to jump in on the class. There are only 2 of us in there, and we haven’t gone over anything that you can’t get caught up on REAL QUICK. You should do the class before you test so that you don’t have to take additional tests at the CG.

Thanks for the link,

I know Capt Wayne Fenner as well, I will call him directly and talk to him about the class . Wish I could join you now, but I am offshore for another week.

Thanks for the heads up, good luck w/ class.

Haha…small world and a bit of instant karma for your good deed!

Thanks for the well wishes. If you haven’t already, check on the celestial endorsement regarding your license. I’m testing for my 1600t and have already been through round 1 of tests. I have the celestial test on there, but will be able to turn in my celestial certificate in lieu of taking that test (again), as long as it is before round 3 and within the 90 days.