Harbor pilot?

become a harbor ship pilot? How do you become harbor pilot once you hold your 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] mate license what’s the process after that and how many years does it usually take and what’s the benefits of becoming Pilot

Being a pilot is the best. As soon as you get hired by an association, they give you a mug that says pilot. This mug is so special, you can fill it with ranch dressing at any Burger King in the tri state area for FREE. Also, chicks love pilots, so it’s going to get you laid, I’d say 7 to 9 times a week, so drink lots of water. It only takes a 12 hr class to become a pilot at your local DMV, once the class is complete…Hello 574,319.6 a month. It’s crazy. Money, girls, a mug, little to no training required. I think you should do it. Did I mention all the ranch dressing you can get?

[QUOTE=seadonkey;133590]Being a pilot is the best. As soon as you get hired by an association, they give you a mug that says pilot. This mug is so special, you can fill it with ranch dressing at any Burger King in the tri state area for FREE. Also, chicks love pilots, so it’s going to get you laid, I’d say 7 to 9 times a week, so drink lots of water. It only takes a 12 hr class to become a pilot at your local DMV, once the class is complete…Hello 574,319.6 a month. It’s crazy. Money, girls, a mug, little to no training required. I think you should do it. Did I mention all the ranch dressing you can get?[/QUOTE]

That’s true. My brother-in-law is a pilot and I can confirm that all of those things are factually correct. The only reason I didn’t become a pilot is because I didn’t want to drink the blood when they sacrificed the goat at the induction ceremony. I was so close!

since we got clowns commenting… any one knows the minimum sea time required also what certification is required beside holding a master license.

Only Grand Canyon pilots require masters licenses. They have the contract with the bud light ships out there. Paddy might know the sea time requirement, when I was looking it was 3, 9 min watches. With in a 12 year period.

The reason the clowns are commenting is because these are ridiculously easy questions to answer with about 15 minutes and the proper usage of both the search function here on the forum and google. Cluttering up the forum with questions that you could just as easily answer yourself is not the way to evoke sympathy or assistance from your fellow mariners.

i understand your point i just wanted to get an inside point of view i have googled it but i didn’t really seemed to get a clear understand. as far as i know its 7 years apprenticeship program than u Tirana more after it

Your English sucks… that’s first off.

If you would have searched, you would realize every pilot association has different requirement.

Every dime your parents are spending at what ever academy is a real waste

did i get a passing grade though or not? if not can i do correction???. MMM parents lmaooo i quite being Ab to go to school btw . america land of scholarships old salt where you get almost a free ride to school because you have such high gpa but ur english sucks. god bless america

You have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than becoming a harbor pilot. 1st - go to sea and get some command time, If you haven’t commanded a ship or have years of experience as a tug master, who is going to hire you as a pilot? Second, before you go knocking down doors trying to be a pilot you had better already have years of experience in the harbor or area you are trying to become a pilot. Good Luck, you are going to need it.

How many pilots does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Pontious pilot? …the guy who killed Jesus?

Pilot what?

You really need to just ask every pilot you see; tell them you want to be one and ask what can you do in the meantime. Some guys are willing to drop to their knees; no all pilots are into that though.

It’s ok to dream big, but take the initiative to look this shit up.I bet if you googled pilot apprentice you’d be able to read up quite a bit.

Anyone who gets enough trips and can pass the exam can get the license, actually being able to use it is a different story.

lmaooooo asking about pilot means your trying become pilot mmmm i have heard about it but i didn’t know much and i guessed wrong about asking in forum uk

Easiest way to become a pilot. Ask your dad to retire and take his spot. Not all, but most pilot associations if you are not related don’t even waste your time or the association’ s.

so its union job u need to know some on in it to get it

http://www.sandyhookpilots.com/careers.html

Took less than 30 seconds to find that.

I really hope that this guy is a Troll and not that Stupid! You have got to be kidding me! If this is what the Academies are turning out we all are FUCKED!

Ok this guy is obviously not American, so we clearly can’t help him because foreign pilot associations are a different animal unto themselves. If he is American then his English shows that he clearly isn’t educated enough to pass a USCG exam, let alone become a pilot, so why are we wasting our time anyway?

Shut 'er down there bub!

Oh , UK. Thats hard. I heard you need to take a banger with your mash potatoes there to get in.

Lmaoo nop you guessed wrong I am in maritime academy and guess what I am on Admiral’s List in the academy LOL and got my associate degree in business with honors too from my old college. I wasn’t born here u got that part right its forum i am not writing essay…. Yeah I have heard a couple of stories about the potatoes banger have u tried it?