Harbor pilot?

Just what in tarnation is going on in here!?

This is a 5-star thread btw.

Wasn’t there a similar thread a couple years ago where a Yacht Club Commodore informed us of the error of our ways in that “pilots” can only fly planes, NOT ships? GET IT STRAIGHT YA LITTLE KEE-DET. PLANES. NOT SHIPS. PLANES.

I think that’s true, Malaysia Airlines has some openings right now because of some unexpected retirements. You could probably try there. And technically to attend college in the US you’re supposed to pass an English Proficiency test. It will be especially important when you become a pilot though bc the international language of aviation is English.

[QUOTE=bekays;133621]Lmaoo nop you guessed wrong I am in maritime academy and guess what I am on Admiral’s List in the academy LOL and got my associate degree in business with honors too from my old college. I wasn’t born here u got that part right its forum i am not writing essay…. Yeah I have heard a couple of stories about the potatoes banger have u tried it?[/QUOTE]

No, clearly you aren’t American. Don’t think anybody here ever doubted that from the moment you started this most certainly 5 star thread.

Based on one of your comments, I can safely assume you are trying to become a ship pilot in Tirana, Albania where you attend the local, landlocked maritime academy where you made Slobodan Milosevics dean’s list.

There is very often boot licking, ass kissing, car washing, and general subservience by SHIP pilot trainees in the US.
However, I’m pretty damn sure no association is making their trainees fuck potatoes, at least not without generous amounts of butter and bacon bits.

You Albanians are animals!!!

Haha I read his posts with an Eastern European accent in my head too. If you look through his posts though I’m certain he somehow goes to NY Maritime College. Citizenship on the other hand could be a problem. OP you know you need US citizenship to license right?

am us citizen mmmm Lmaooo Albania thats a sick accent … btw i am not tryin 2 become a pilot but its funny reading those comment. some how i keep getting A’s in all my licenses classes. they even gave me associate degree in ny with high honor due to high skills in potatoes smashing with out butter sikeee!

Maybe it’s just ebonics? Either way this person is borderline illiterate.

To quote the late Rev. Rodney King, " can’t we all just get along? Can’t we? " amen

[QUOTE=edbro;133674]To quote the late Rev. Rodney King, " can’t we all just get along? Can’t we? " amen[/QUOTE]

Hallelujer!

//youtu.be/by-ysn4ad6k

You good in school class, you be not merican? You beas, turkey? So smart you be they make you grand mariner , walk on water like JC?

I hope you fill your sticker book with all your accomplishments. Can’t wait to sail with you.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;133660]Haha I read his posts with an Eastern European accent in my head too. If you look through his posts though I’m certain he somehow goes to NY Maritime College. Citizenship on the other hand could be a problem. OP you know you need US citizenship to license right?[/QUOTE]

He should make SUNY proud!!!

I’m pretty sure this guy is the lead actor in Dinner For Schmucks 2.

Please stop feeding the trolls. Why don’t we let this thread die?

Bekays,

Thanks for the entertainment. Knowingly or not you served up a fatty down the middle for a bunch of us old guys to have fun swatting over the fence. Some of these guys just killed it. Thanks all.

Short answer: Every State and most ports have different initial requirements to become a pilot as well as different apprenticeship and continuing development programs. Like a previous replier suggested: go to sea, become a Captain, focus on a few particular areas, make yourself known to the pilots working there.