Got rejected- need help regarding reapplication after going somewhere local

So here’s the deal guys, I originally applied in January and after a couple months of having my application juggled around [I](I’ll spare you the deta[/I]ils) I was rejected last week.

I just have a couple questions regarding a reapplication:

1. Any advice on picking a major if I wanted to go the Marine Transportation route?

2. How viable is a “General Studies Major” in relation to a successful transfer?

3. How much of an implexion will my high school performance have on the reapplication process?

4. If anyone of you have any related advice or stories please share

Thank you so much for the help- I just wish I found you guys sooner.

Here are a few suggestions I would offer:

• Apply to other academies (if you already haven’t). In other words, don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

• Contact SUNY’s admissions office and ask for advice on making your application more competitive. My friend did this after being rejected from a master’s degree program (non-maritime); He ended up getting accepted during the next cycle because (a) the admissions office was aware of his strong desire to attend the institution and (b) his application was tailor-made for that institutions admissions process.

• Don’t waste your time with a general studies degree. If you plan on transferring, start working towards degree that develops an [I]employable[/I] skill upon graduation, e.g., computer science, accounting, engineering, MIS, etc. That way if your maritime ambitions don’t pan out you can still pay the bills.

Best of luck on your journey.

Ouch! They were definitely not selective when I applied there. It doesn’t matter what classes you take at community college just get decent grades in them and maybe take up a hobby or join some volunteer organisation. For school take courses that would easily transfer, like calc I, English, and history. But like I said get good grades in them to demonstrate that you’re academically competent.

[QUOTE=AlaskanBullWorm;162369] How much of an implexion will my high school performance have on the reapplication process?
[/QUOTE]

Far less then using the word “implexion” in your application or correspondence.

[QUOTE=Steamer;162481]Far less then using the word “implexion” in your application or correspondence.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it. . . .

[QUOTE=Steamer;162481]Far less then using the word “implexion” in your application or correspondence.[/QUOTE]

less than or less then?

[QUOTE=ASRES0369;162625]less than or less then?[/QUOTE]

Less than … the autocorrection induced error was probably obvious to nearly everyone else with a grasp of the English language.

[QUOTE=AlaskanBullWorm;162369]So here’s the deal guys, I originally applied in January and after a couple months of having my application juggled around [I](I’ll spare you the deta[/I]ils) I was rejected last week.

1. Any advice on picking a major if I wanted to go the Marine Transportation route?

2. How viable is a “General Studies Major” in relation to a successful transfer?

3. How much of an implexion will my high school performance have on the reapplication process?

Thank you so much for the help- I just wish I found you guys sooner.[/QUOTE]

What is your GPA? Tell us a bit about your background. Are you attending a community college? if so that would be the GPA you would want to use to apply or reapply. But in order to do that, you must have at least 30 credit hours. Otherwise you would be considered as a high school graduate. So my advise is to take 30 or more credit hours at your local community college and earn a decent GPA (3.0 and above) then try applying again. As far as majors, if your [B]plan[/B] is just to get your 3rd mate license and hit the deep ocean, it really doesn’t matter. As long as you graduate and pass your coast guard exam, you can major in underwater basket weaving, you’d be AIGHT! PM me if you have additional questions.

[QUOTE=Steamer;162626]Less than … the autocorrection induced error was probably obvious to nearly everyone else with a grasp of the English language.[/QUOTE]

I see that almost everytime…I noticed that on my phone too…damb it autowrong

There other academies that will give you the same degree… Maybe the rejection is a blessing…
Great Lakes, Maine, Mass, California and my favorite Texas… Or go out to sea on something floating to see if it’s really what you want… There was nothing more disappointing then watch kids leave school after a year or two cause it wasn’t for them… I went to SUNY and got booted for poor grades… Joined the SIU and loved going to sea… Then had some great officers from TMA and went there and graduated in 2006

[QUOTE=ASRES0369;162630]I see that almost everytime…I noticed that on my phone too…damb it autowrong[/QUOTE]

A man was in a particularly unpleasant mood one day when he received a text from his neighbor.
“I have to confess. I have been helping myself to your wife while you are away. I am sorry and it won’t happen again. Please forgive me.”

The man gets so enraged that he runs upstairs to the bedroom and shoots his wife without saying a word.
He then gets another text from his neighbor.
“Sorry, I meant to say wifi not wife. Stupid auto-correct.”

[QUOTE=AlaskanBullWorm;162369]So here’s the deal guys, I originally applied in January and after a couple months of having my application juggled around [I](I’ll spare you the deta[/I]ils) I was rejected last week.

Thank you so much for the help- I just wish I found you guys sooner.[/QUOTE]

Was your intent to enter as a Cadet or as a Civilian ?