Goodby Harvey Gulf Tugboats

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;137373]Yup at one of the Martin docks, midstream I think. So the rumor goes[/QUOTE]

Martin 16 has been leased by Signet for the Offshore towing division. Pay for tugs is supposed to remain the same. Even after the last raise. That puts big tug Captains, Relief Captains and licensed Ch. Engineers at $750.00. And thank GOD it is non-union. From what was explained Mr. Snyder has probably one of the best 401K plans out there. At least he seems to do what he says he is going to do. Many at Harvey Gulf are still waiting on their promised “Mexico Bonuses”

The original deal with the purchase of the ACO boats was originally with Harvey and another company, not Adriatic, to buy ACO. Guidry wanted all of the classed DP-2 boats and the other company was suppose to get the rest of the boats, about 27. When Steven Guidry decided to sell the 5 boats to Adriatic, the owner of the other company basically told Guidry to go screw and Harvey had to buy all 45 ACO boats.

Harvey just sold off the last of the non DP-2 boats and the tugs. They should be back on there feet in no time. I know a bunch of guys there and they said it got shitty for a couple weeks, but everything is pretty much back to normal

Who is Steven Guidry?

[QUOTE=coldduck;137415]Who is Steven Guidry?[/QUOTE]
And how did it get “Shitty”. We get paid, We get supplies and groceries.

Shane’s ego is so big he has multiple first names?

[QUOTE=MassCap;137413]The original deal with the purchase of the ACO boats was originally with Harvey and another company, not Adriatic, to buy ACO. Guidry wanted all of the classed DP-2 boats and the other company was suppose to get the rest of the boats, about 27. When Steven Guidry decided to sell the 5 boats to Adriatic, the owner of the other company basically told Guidry to go screw and Harvey had to buy all 45 ACO boats.

Harvey just sold off the last of the non DP-2 boats and the tugs. They should be back on there feet in no time. I know a bunch of guys there and they said it got shitty for a couple weeks, but everything is pretty much back to normal[/QUOTE]

Alliance Offshore is who was supposed to buy all of the non DP-2 boats from what I was told. I’m sure Shane had a chance to sell the few boats to Adriatic at a premium and jumped on it. Not surprising that Shane found a way to piss someone off while making money.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;137459]Shane’s ego is so big he has multiple first names?[/QUOTE]

Haha ya I meant Shane. He is the owner of Harvey Gulf, well 49%. The other 51% was sold to some holdings company in NY. And yea I think its safe to say that his ego is a little on the massive side

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Saltine;137464]Alliance Offshore is who was supposed to buy all of the non DP-2 boats from what I was told. I’m sure Shane had a chance to sell the few boats to Adriatic at a premium and jumped on it. Not surprising that Shane found a way to piss someone off while making money.[/QUOTE]

Alliance Offshore was suppose to get all the non DP-2. I know a lot of guys that work there and that was all the talked about for a while and it never happened, they only got 5.

Glad to hear it was just a rumor then. Ego or not, we don’t need any of these companies with hard times. Keep the cash flowing!

[QUOTE=rigdvr;137459]Shane’s ego is so big he has multiple first names?[/QUOTE]

Stephen Williams is the owner of Alliance Offshore. Maybe he’s mixing up first and last names of 2 different people.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=MassCap;137479]Haha ya I meant Shane. He is the owner of Harvey Gulf, well 49%. The other 51% was sold to some holdings company in NY. And yea I think its safe to say that his ego is a little on the massive side

• Updated - - -

Alliance Offshore was suppose to get all the non DP-2. I know a lot of guys that work there and that was all the talked about for a while and it never happened, they only got 5.[/QUOTE]

The problem with all of these guys is that no matter how many of the Callais boats they would have gotten the biggest shelf operator uses one boat company to broker all of their vessels. So they still wouldn’t be working direct or on a contract. How’s that for a business plan when you’re at the mercy of your competitor as to if
You survive or not.