Good news for NC mariners and travelers

The State joins Connecticut, Florida, Michigan, New York, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington State and American Samoa who became eligible for the federal funding last year.

1 Like

About time.

We came up from the South in an RV and stayed in a park at Cedar Island near the ferry terminal about 30 years ago. The next morning when we were booked the weather was foul and the first trip was canceled. We were scrubbed from the second trip because they only took cars and finally made the third crossing. My son was engrossed in the Wright Brothers achievements and Kitty Hawk.

1 Like

Hogsnort, I hope your son got the full tour. You will be taken aback by the development of the area since even 30 years ago. The “Blackbeard” tour/ building is a bit overrated and more into selling souvineers on Ocracoke. Not worth the extended drive unless you are booking a fishing trip and including that on your trip… Wright Brothers museum is awesome as ever despite the developers. Highly recommend don’t miss that exhibit. Killer charters out of Oregon Inlet. I’ve used “Fishing Frenzy” and “Seaducer” in the past. Never disappointed with the catch.

1 Like