GoM companies - Does your company provide transportation to/from the vessel?

hearing more and more about companies cutting out transportation to and from work due to current economic conditions.

Is this all companies? or are some still paying for travel?

• Updated - - -

for those that don’t want to rent a car under your name and give it to your relief upon reaching fourchon and trust that they’ll return it safely with a full tank of gas, etc…

I just read about a local company trying to provide a shuttle service from New Orleans Airport to Port Fourchon if they get enough interest! below is the link to fill out their survey, which they said they need about 100 surveys before they’ll start:

http://www.limolivery.com/oil-shuttle

Once you get to the office, they will provide you with a vehicle to go to the vessel and the crew getting off to drive back. If you are flying in, they have drivers who pick up people from the airport twice a day and drive them to the office. Most larger companies do this. If you do not want to wait at the airport, you have the option to get a cab on your own and hire it to bring you to the office, but you will pay for that yourself.

what company do you work for? I heard Hornbeck doesn’t provide ANY transportation now

[QUOTE=seahaghunter;159383]
I just read about a local company trying to provide a shuttle service from New Orleans Airport to Port Fourchon if they get enough interest! below is the link to fill out their survey, which they said they need about 100 surveys before they’ll start:
http://www.limolivery.com/oil-shuttle[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t that be funny if the GOM companies got together and formed that company, then cut travel pay and shuttles.

Yeh cut travel to save money, then make money by selling travel services!

I swing by and pick both assistants and the qmed up at the hotel on the way in. It sucks that it happened but it is what It is.

[QUOTE=seahaghunter;159398]what company do you work for? I heard Hornbeck doesn’t provide ANY transportation now[/QUOTE]

Edison Chouest

[QUOTE=seahaghunter;159383]hearing more and more about companies cutting out transportation to and from work due to current economic conditions.

Is this all companies? or are some still paying for travel?

• Updated - - -

for those that don’t want to rent a car under your name and give it to your relief upon reaching fourchon and trust that they’ll return it safely with a full tank of gas, etc…

http://www.limolivery.com/oil-shuttle[/QUOTE]

There are already a couple of companies doing that. One even picks up people as far away as Alabama and the Florida panhandle and delivers them to the heliport or Fourchon. People Haulers is one name I recall.

[QUOTE=tengineer1;159521]There are already a couple of companies doing that. One even picks up people as far away as Alabama and the Florida panhandle and delivers them to the heliport or Fourchon. People Haulers is one name I recall.[/QUOTE]

according to the link it would be a public bus on a time route - it runs regardless of how many people and if we can get the price to be like $25 a person to jump on it - sounds like a great idea!

other companies you have to actually charter