Giant goldfish infest Lake Tahoe (link)

I didn’t think this was actually a thing until someone sent me the article. But there they are. Big-ass goldfish in Lake Tahoe, from all the dumb shits who thought it would be cute to dump their aquariums and “free Nemo.” (yeah I know Nemo was a clownfish, so sue me)

My question of the day is, are they any good to eat? Any goldfish eaters out there? This could be the new Tilapia…:cool:

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/giant-goldfish-threaten-pristine-lake-tahoe

I doubt they are any good. To my knowledge a goldfish is basicly a carp with a more attractive color.

Saw something recently like this on boatnerd. Some article about a big ass goldfish caught on Lake St. Clair. This intern prompted others to comment, claiming it is also somewhat common to find big goldfish in the west end of Lake Erie.

On a serious note, these critters are probably going to wipe out any native species.

Invasive species! Could be Chinese spies… I say kill or fillet them all

A Spy Fry! By Jove, you are onto something my good man (or woman)!

Should be a legal requirement… you don’t want your gold fish you flush it.

Invasive species! Could be Chinese spies… I say kill or fillet them all

And the Fish too

Please not all of them!

<------Loves some General Tso’s Chicken at the buffetts!

To my admittedly untrained fish eye, this looks like a Tilapia. Maybe someone was trying to farm them in the lake surreptitiously and they got away.[ATTACH]3075[/ATTACH]

And mated with the Goldies. They are purty.

[QUOTE=skycowboy;100596]Invasive species! Could be Chinese spies… I say kill or fillet them all

And the Fish too[/QUOTE]

And the fish too. You’re too much!!! There aren’t that many knives in the drawer my friend!!!