Getting copies of sea service already submitted

Due to a fire I’ve lost some files including my previously submitted sea service forms. I’d sure like to have copies of these. Has anyone successfully requested copies of their file from NMC? What was the process and timing like?

Thanks.

Yes, go to the NMC homepage and look around for a records request or sea-time audit, I forgot which one it says. You have to write a paragraph requesting why you want your sea-time and submit.

It took the NMC about a month to six weeks to get me copies of my sea-time letters.

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/records_request/default.asp

They’ll send you Xeroxed copies of everything you’ve sent them. The copies usually show the examiners hand written arithmetic for days he credited you (or left out).

Outstanding. Thanks for your help!

I emailed them asking for copies of my TOAR and they mailed the paperwork in alittle over a week

[QUOTE=NYBoatman;149467]I emailed them asking for copies of my TOAR and they mailed the paperwork in alittle over a week[/QUOTE]

Likewise, filled out the form and wrote the request letter, and a separate note saying please contact me if I needed to pay for any copies. emailed it in and received paperwork back in the mail within 2 weeks.

Made that request in 2009 for copies of sea time letters going back to the '70s. Took them 9 months to complete the request. But they did find them, and did get the copies to me.

[QUOTE=water;149609]Made that request in 2009 for copies of sea time letters going back to the '70s. Took them 9 months to complete the request. But they did find them, and did get the copies to me.[/QUOTE]

If you were looking for records that old, they may have had to retreive them from Federal Archives, that would take a lot longer than if they were located at NMC or an REC. Also, 2009 would have been during or soon after the RECs transitioned to the NMC, and that may have contributed to the delay.