Fwe

From the Crawford Nautical site:
Finished With Engines
Captain William P. Crawford
1922 - 2013
Our father, grandfather, great grandfather, uncle, great uncle, brother, friend, husband and Pole Star died March 20, 2012. He was teaching a class of gentle men and women who, as is typical of seamen, took kind care of him until help arrived.

We will begin celebrating his wonderful life at a Rosary, Friday March 22 at St. Mary’s Church, 611 20th Street South, Seattle and a Funeral Mass March 23 at St. Mary’s at 7:00 pm.

The celebrating will continue for the rest of our lives.

Praying for your family. He helped me with my license preparations and many thousands others.

Great group of people at Crawford’s. I know he will be missed greatly by many.

You were a legend, Sir. Godspeed, Captain.

[QUOTE=mtskier;103566]The celebrating will continue for the rest of our lives.[/QUOTE]

Most heart warming, mtskier, your family has been blessed, I will keep you and your loving family in my prayers during this Holy Week.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend’s were.
Each man’s death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
~ John Donne

Hi Folks,

I apologize for any confusion, Capt. Crawford was not family, just a man I greatly respected, as are his children that continue to run Crawford Nautical.

Finished with Engines ~ immediately brought tears to my eyes ~ Godspeed

Rest in Peace! Thank you for helping me!

[QUOTE=mtskier;103596]Hi Folks,

I apologize for any confusion, Capt. Crawford was not family, just a man I greatly respected, as are his children that continue to run Crawford Nautical.[/QUOTE]

No problem. mtskier, I’ll still say my prayers, throw in a little for me.

Back in '83 Captain Crawford gave/sold me a stack of books and gave a heartfelt “Good luck, kid”. Even though I couldn’t afford the course he still helped me. if it wasn’t for Cap. Crawford and stumbling across a soggy and run over copy of “Grey seas under”, I’d be running a tow truck instead of a tow boat.
I’m sure he left a strait wake as he crossed the final bar.

Thank you captain Crawford.

Crispy Bernt