Florida Marine Transporters DOT Drug Test

I am wondering if any that has worked for Florida Marine Transporters ever received an unexplained positive result with a drug test? I recently did and I KNOW i didn’t consume anything!!

I took a DOT regulated test on june 28 and passed…took one on july8 and failed…took one on july 10 passed and july 12 and passed. but was let go for July 8. I even had that test split and reassessed…but still came back positive. Im starting to think something fishy may be going on. The failed test was for marijuana which I didn’t smoke (no reason to lie when this is anonymous anyway) but i was around it at a live band concert. Though i did not receive a contact high. This was the only thing i could think of to explain the failed test…yet according to all knowledge on marijuana…there is no way a “contact” could fail a test nor could it be out of your system in weeks. Any one ever experience this? I am at a loss trying to prove my innocence. Im being persecuted for something i didn’t do…but the “office of FMT” just looks at me as a doped-up liar. Any advice??

[QUOTE=bigred;115800]I am wondering if any that has worked for Florida Marine Transporters ever received an unexplained positive result with a drug test? I recently did and I KNOW i didn’t consume anything!!

I took a DOT regulated test on june 28 and passed…took one on july8 and failed…took one on july 10 passed and july 12 and passed. but was let go for July 8. I even had that test split and reassessed…but still came back positive. Im starting to think something fishy may be going on. The failed test was for marijuana which I didn’t smoke (no reason to lie when this is anonymous anyway) but i was around it at a live band concert. Though i did not receive a contact high. This was the only thing i could think of to explain the failed test…yet according to all knowledge on marijuana…there is no way a “contact” could fail a test nor could it be out of your system in weeks. Any one ever experience this? I am at a loss trying to prove my innocence. Im being persecuted for something i didn’t do…but the “office of FMT” just looks at me as a doped-up liar. Any advice??[/QUOTE]

Do some research on how long the specific substance you tested positive for remains in your system, and apply it to your various test results. Some of the substances tested for are metabolized very quickly, others may not be.

Also look at the labor laws that apply in your case. I don’t know what state’s laws apply to you, but many states, including Florida, are so-called “right to work” states and an employer does not need cause to terminate employment.

Finally, company random drug test failures are reported to the Coast Guard. It might be a good idea to see a lawyer.

I always wondered what the cook put in the brownies… Another reason not to piss off the cook.

Maybe you should have a hair sample taken. It’s my understanding those results would go back and cover the time frame that is in questioned. I might be wrong, but it is worth looking into. Good luck

We take random an I asked the drug test man about how much weed could make you fail a test he said it took 52 nano grams to fail or result in the second test of a split test then on that other test it only takes 17 nano grams for a positive result then he said it is the same as taking 1 to 2 breathes of second hand smoke

We get tested so much here we call it the “monthly random”. I avoid anything that can cost me my job, the first whiff I get im gone in the other direction, because is my 6figure boat job worth that risk, nope. They claim second hand cant fail a test, but ive seen guys swear on a bible as they pack their stuff to get off the boat and hand their license to the uscg that it was “just second hand”. Bottom line is the companys dont care, and youve got a mess on your hands. Have you handed in your ticket to the coast guard and started the 1 year game yet…?