First step to a career at sea?

I’m as newbie as they come and wondering if anyone with experience had some advice for someone just starting out. I have a little money for school, where do you recommend I go? Or should I just try my luck as an OS? Is this a good time for work, or am I barking up the wrong tree, career wise? I live in Portland Oregon, but would obviously move where ever for work. Any shred of advice from someone who’s actually been out there would be great, thanks.

P.S. this is 2nd time I’ve tried posting this so sorry if there’s a duplicate.

You may contact a crewing company and advance step by step, so for the beginning you’ll find the amount of money requested for your studies, also advance in career.

Uh huh, here come the pointy sticks… Try the search function bro, you’ll avoid a lot of flak…

You just can’t help it can you flounder…

Try Tidewater in vancouver, WA, they are running along the Columbia River.

The first step to a career at sea should be a visit to a very credible psychiatrist.

My goal in life is to keep my kids from working on the water & getting a day job somewhere.

I hear that!

x2

What the matter, flounder? You didn’t like the answers we already gave you on the other thread? My advise is to stay at McDonalds, kid.

I don’t think Flounder ever responded to this post. Somehow he put two up in error.

[QUOTE=cappy208;80546]I don’t think Flounder ever responded to this post. Somehow he put two up in error.[/QUOTE]

I think you’re right. I hadn’t noticed the date. Of course, he never read your 'Read this First" post either. Face it the boy doesn’t follow orders.

I wouldnt hire him either

[QUOTE=cappy208;80546]I don’t think Flounder ever responded to this post. Somehow he put two up in error.[/QUOTE]

When you first join the posts don’t show up right away takes a day or so…someone has to review them to post…so all these posts are let thru by admin?

Nope. He inserted two posts that day. This one was ignored… Until later! There is no notable delay once you get past one post.