I have a few questions for you on Heave Compensated Gangways. I’ve been involved in a few projects in the recent past to configure these gangways and I’m interested to hear feedback from the actual users of these gangways.
- Does the system guarantee safe crew transfer in weather conditions that would be otherwise be deemed “unsuitable” for transfer using other methods?
- What’s the worst weather you’ve seen a heave compensated gangway being in used for transfer? (wind speed, wave height)
- Have you faced problems using heave compensated gangways for transfer?
- Do you see any risks associated with the system?
- How widespread is the use of heave compensated gangways? (Gulf / East / PNW)
- Do you think these systems would become the standard for crew transfers in, say, a decade?