Erm and electronics classes? For your chiefs license?

Does anyone know where to get these yet? I don’t think my company will approve a trip to England just to get these classes taken care of. Also can these be assessments? or are they actual classes… I have searched the web, and a couple schools, and cannot find “engine resource management” anywhere. Mr Cavo? Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=Yeasty McFlaps;134566]Does anyone know where to get these yet? I don’t think my company will approve a trip to England just to get these classes taken care of. Also can these be assessments? or are they actual classes… I have searched the web, and a couple schools, and cannot find “engine resource management” anywhere. Mr Cavo? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The Coast Guard won’t accept a course outside of the U.S. so there is no reason to go to England. These have to be courses, not assessments. If there are any approved courses, they will; be on the NMC web page. There may not be yet, the requirement was only announced recently abd it takes a little time to develop and get approval for a course. The requirement does not take effect until January 1, 2017. So, even with reasonable lead time to take the course and get your STCW endorsement erxtended until after January 1, 2017, there’s still time.