Edison Chouest Offshore

Maybe you should choose another company to work for rather than try to change the company which will not happen, even if it did would you be comfortable working there? In the grand scheme of the maritime industry you have chosen a very small hill to die one. Better to move on.If your qualifications are good enough you should have no problems.

Hell no I don’t want to work there. I went there for the money that was it!!! Biggest mistake of my life! Now they want to follow me and make problems other places because I didn’t conform. They are sick people.

I’m hesitant to touch this with a ten foot pole, but…

Where’s the company reply? AlI see are long-winded wildly unprofessional emails extolling one’s self-perceived awesomeness and complaining about literally every other employee both offshore and onshore at the company.

I won’t minimize any unprofessional experiences or uphill battles you’ve had offshore, but I don’t think the format or content of those emails are doing you any favors.

10 Likes

Well you must not think very much then ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I “think” I’ve had a long successful career built on positive professional relationships and correspondences.

My point is that you said you’re going to expose this company for how horrible they are, but all you’ve presented are your anecdotal complaints. That in no way shows “how they really operate”. All it does is expose your attitude.

7 Likes

Wow, I thought you might have a serious complaint and we would be enlightened about a company that needs to change. It’s unfortunate you can’t present that info in a non-combative way.

You can assume all you want about myself and others here (incorrect as you may be), but if you wonder why you aren’t being taken seriously it’s probably that giant chip on your shoulder and desire to troll anyone who cares enough to reply.

3 Likes

Ignore, obvious troll

4 Likes

Stop trying to hijack my thread. Nobody is stupid enough to believe that the only woman working in the engine room on a boat with 20 guys would not be harassed or treated different. There are some dumb people in this world but no one is that dumb… unless it’s you and you believe that.

Where is my popcorn…?

6 Likes

But you’re not. Nobody’s saying you’re wrong, but at least do what you said you were going to do.

No, I definitely believe it, and I’ve definitely seen it. How it’s handled by the company is important, and if that is as horrible as you say, then present that side!!

I am

Generally speaking if someone is entitled enough to demand a certain position for their ‘sanity’ the problem does not lie in their gender.

If they’re warning people, good.

2 Likes

Hey you want me to shut up? You are going to have to kill me. No amount of cheap bayou magick will work either.

By the way thank you. At the time it was the drive behind getting license because my train of thought was I will get my license and then no nasty “engineer” will be over me because I will literally kill my self before I have to conform just to keep my job. A lot of people can’t pass the test and I was able to because of that. It was motivation!

Thanks ECO

I was ready to let it rest but when I found out these people have been following me it’s on now! You don’t harass and mistreat women and then follow them and try to cause problems because they wrote about it to make it look like they were lying. How about this just stop mistreating women. Is it that difficult? How about this stop hiring people that harass women that try to hold something over them to get sex and that actually know how to be engineers! That won’t be threatened by a woman that knows more than them because they don’t know anything to begin with! No you would rather go pick on a person that was just trying to work and have dignity. It is sick it is beyond sick! Someone arrest these people.

I don’t mind reboots & sequels but some originality has to be thrown in to keep it interesting. What’s up with this following business, thats new isn’t it? Do you mean the long rumored blackball list or do you think someone is actually following you? Every floating vessel on the planet is so short crewed I have to guess the former? No body is going to pay another to physically follow you. Either way, it sounds like you have PTSD from whatever happened to you somewhere. It’s a shame & I feel bad for you. It was a long time ago, like 7-10 years ago. It would have been nice if you moved on to a new chapter & forgot the GoM ever existed. Good luck, forget those people.

They find out where I work and contact people there to make problems for me. They are sick and there is a special place in hell for people that do these types of things. Sorry I didn’t want to have sex with a dumb black guy named rob that called himself an engineer just to get a “good word”. And no I will never forget that because it was the same guy that told me he kicked with with Dionne and she flirted with him and bought him drinks. Just like I said she will do anything for a black guy but no one there cares about women’s rights or respect…not even the women!!!

Actually, even though it sounds farfetched its believable. We all know how rumor mills work & how assholes can go out of their way to be assholes & get the last jab. But I can’t imagine billionaire multinational conglomerates setting around having meetings, wasting money & time screwing you over. Especially if they think you are out of their hair & now one of their competitor’s problem. Its probably one or a couple of your former coworkers & not a company, executive or board decision if its actually going on. BTW, I take it on my own to Google my new coworkers without being tipped off by sinister entities. World is full of crazy people.

It’s their HR people. They are just trying to save face and make it look like I was lying because now these things are out in the open and they have government contracts. They have to make it look like it was me. No one is stupid enough to believe that and I will publish all the e-mails. Sand pebble stop trying to be a distraction. If no one else complained the way I did it’s because they conformed.

Dang, they still have the same HR people after all this time? I thought the GoM fired or layed off most of their people when you were going through all of your problems. Then with Covid & the Great Resignation afterwards thats impressive. In the last 2 years I have all new HR & operation people in my office. I heard ECO is hiring like crazy. They should worry about crewing their boats & leave you alone. If you live around those people move away. Go work union, those GoM companies have zero to little sway with them.

Will do, won’t post anymore on this thread. But I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering that same. Good luck.

2 Likes

When I hear that she got the good lawyers who are representing Midshipmen X & Y to take her case against Chouest on contingent fee, then I will start to think that there might be something to her allegations.

3 Likes