Eco new builds

Well I’m new to G Captian and I’m also wanting to test the market for a job . I’m wanting too work for Eco , do you have any info you could share with me about Eco ? I have my DDE 4000hp 3000itc Cheif with all the paper work to go with it
I also have AB unlimited and Qmed with all my STCW for both .

Walk in the door with your docs, med records and bags packed. They’ll probably give you a big bear hug when they see you.

[QUOTE=“Randall;115072”]Well I’m new to G Captian and I’m also wanting to test the market for a job . I’m wanting too work for Eco , do you have any info you could share with me about Eco ? I have my DDE 4000hp 3000itc Cheif with all the paper work to go with it
I also have AB unlimited and Qmed with all my STCW for both .[/QUOTE]

Low pay. But for up and comers it’s a good company, great training center.

May want to work on spelling Captain and Chief if you’re going to work for them.

[QUOTE=“CaptB;115114”]May want to work on spelling Captain and Chief if you’re going to work for them.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell he’ll fit right in. Lol…

Looks like I made a couple of brain farts . Don’t I look stupid , thanks for pointing that out !! I guess I’m human after all

Anyone have any pictures of the new builds? They still designed with a framing square?

http://newenglandwaterman.com/2013/07/10/the-future/

Currently being built in Poland for overseas, and I was told are being built in the states as well.

That is what they are supposed to look like. Can’t wait.

Not too shabby

too funny :joy::joy::joy:

http://www.remontowa-rsb.pl/files/pdf/REMONTOWA_ShipBuildingNews_05_v61.pdf

This one was just built in Poland and gonna be working in Brazil.

So I’m Guessing that they will be giving Pay Raises very Soon since they are so successful and building new boats… Might as well reward the Crews doing the labor…

When have they not built new boats? The only company I know of that has 5 of their own yards and have had a continuous newbuild program for decades.

How quickly we all forget when 525 was big dog pay…2 years ago. Now some qmeds are making that in the GOM.

[QUOTE=Captainmugsy;115258]So I’m Guessing that they will be giving Pay Raises very Soon since they are so successful and building new boats… Might as well reward the Crews doing the labor…[/QUOTE]

I’m sure that was their first thought after taking loans to invest near 1/2 billion dollars in new equipment, to give raises by virtue of that ability.

[QUOTE=anchorman;115265]I’m sure that was their first thought after taking loans to invest near 1/2 billion dollars in new equipment, to give raises by virtue of that ability.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they had to get a loan.

[QUOTE=tengineer;115276]I doubt they had to get a loan.[/QUOTE]

Gary Chouest may not have needed to take out a loan for new vessels but it’s highly likely that he did. There is no doubt that the man has $500MM plus sitting in his bank account but why take all of that money and pay cash for a vessel? Especially when it’s going on a long term contract and you essentially have the customer paying for it over a 5 year period or so. He is quite wealthy but at the rate he has expanded over the last 10 years he couldn’t do it without getting loans.

Financing is a pretty normal thing for a lot of reasons. Very few people pay “cash” for anything of size like that, even of they can. Always a great way to limit liability and maintain a better cash flow.

http://www.marad.dot.gov/documents/Current_Pending_List_.pdf

[QUOTE=tengineer;115276]I doubt they had to get a loan.[/QUOTE]

Of course they took a loan. They leverage every vessel they build.