Does travelling to South America effect your security clearance?

I am getting ready to fill out a security clearance for the government. I have a trip to see a friend in Colombia. This should not be a problem on a security clearance right? Any advice would be a great help. I have done a lot of traveling the past three years. I already have a temporary clearance from another company and I had Brazil on the form.

I don’t see why it would, they are both on the clear list of countries a US can visit. Cuba is differently out as are some of the middle east countries. I do not have the security clearance but have traveled many times to central and south america and never had a problem with coming back into the United States

check out this site,
http://travel.state.gov/travel/travel_1744.html

Thanks for the reply. I do not see the problem either. I was just double checking with people here.

I don’t see how visiting any country in Latin America (with the exception of Cuba, which is a big no-no) would have any negative impact on a security clearence or renewing a passport.

I have been to Panama, Peru and to Mexico (which I know is in North America) many times without any real issues.

Just back from a delivery to Cartagena, Columbia. No problems with the Customs folks on arrival in the US - for what it’s worth.

Even Cuba is OK if you traveled legally for an approved reason. I speak from experience.

[QUOTE=CaptAndrew;44419]Even Cuba is OK if you traveled legally for an approved reason. I speak from experience.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was going to point that out. There are some travel agencies that can arrange that. One does so by having potential tourists get a humanitarian visa and then pass out small packages of aid in various Cuban towns along the tour route.

Technically, travel to Cuba is not prohibited so much as is the spending of any money in Cuban (The whole embargo thing).

thanks greate

Just be sure to keep an account of the exact dates and an address where you stay in Colombia. Otherwise have fun, I love that country, the most beautiful women on earth.

[QUOTE=capitan1962;44570]Just be sure to keep an account of the exact dates and an address where you stay in Colombia. Otherwise have fun, I love that country, the most beautiful women on earth.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that is a tough one. I always thought that Venezuela had the most beautiful women. Not that those in Barranquilla couldn’t give them a run at the title. . . .

[B][U]IMHO[/U][/B]…try a visit to Guayaquil, Ecuador…women out number the men 7 to 1…the city is virtually shrouded in a cloud of estrogen!!

Sir, Colombian Women are ravishing, crazy and undeniably beautiful.