Didnt see that coming

Thats correct.

[QUOTE=seadonkey;130635]I guess that’s my question as well. The engineer was telling me all about it, but I don’t remember who crews them. It was more or less a “Gary can do wrong this is another way he is stacking paper” story[/QUOTE]

I heard a interesting story today that may explain the purchase of these vessels if the story is indeed true. Supposedly Shane and Gary had a meeting and cornering the deep water market was the topic discussed although not sure who initiated the meeting. Apparently Gary didn’t take too kindly to HGIM hiring away a lot of his maintenance staff and took it as a slap in the face. It supposedly prompted him to get back at HGIM and not allow them to buy up any available deep water boats up for sale.

Take it for what it’s worth but that’s the RUMOR I heard. I call it that because I don’t know Shane or Gary to have them cofirm or deny this story. Although I can picture this taking place from what i have learned in this industry. It’s just OSV gossip if you ask me.

Seacor owns them and gets the jobs while Chouest mans and maintains them. The crews have to do the logs for both companies each day, one chouest computer, one Seacor.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;130658]Seacor owns them and gets the jobs while Chouest mans and maintains them. The crews have to do the logs for both companies each day, one chouest computer, one Seacor.[/QUOTE]

What, WHAT???

That sounds like fun.

Can you even dream of that meeting? It must be nice to spend millions to get back at someone. I got back at my neighbor for throwing his snow on my lawn, by kicking his trash can. Guess I’m not bad as as Sir Shane, and lord Gary.