Deep Sea Trash

I just started a book titled, “Throw Away Nation: The Ugly Truth About American Garbage”. By Jeff Dondero on the New Book shelf at the Library. It even addresses the waste our pets generate in the 19 chapters. Each chapter has pages of sources as citations.

https://www.amazon.com/Throwaway-Nation-Truth-American-Garbage/dp/1538110326

I’m into the first 50 pages and Wow ! Just the statistics and data alone make me wonder how long it will be before we can walk on any of the Oceans once we’ve filled them up with garbage.

plastic as yet does not go away, it abrades down to a molecular level but no further. (burning it comes close) The author of “the world without us” states mother nature may in a couple hundred thousand years deal with it but meanwhile i’d like to see it used only in those places that have a disciplined enough populace to handle it. where that might be is debatable but i’ve been a few places where plastic bags should not be disseminated.

Our island community banned them a few years ago but people complained that paper bags were inconvenient so the plastic bags are back. It’s a form of NIMBY.