Death of the gCaptain Forum

Its like the Nautical Institute, its only a problem for mericans apparently or just those south of the mason dixon line? Lol

[QUOTE=c.captain;193888] hard core users like me get gCaptain translated to morse code and sent over 500kHz in ICW mode. here is a photo of me getting the latest dirt [/QUOTE]

Harrumphh … this is more like it:

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;193885]Soon I’ll figure out which one of these wires unplugs Norway.

[/QUOTE]

Fat chance!!

BTW This looks like the “spaghetti” sometimes seen at the back of the switchboard on some old OSVs.

Did you take this picture on the boat your serving on??

I never understand why people say it’s buggy. I Use it on the iPhone app and it works fine for me. Never any problems. I think some of the posting has dropped off due to the gulf layoffs catching up to us. I’ve been posting less too bc there haven’t really been any topics I feel like weighing in on much.

I don’t post much anymore because I usually have no access to Internet, and when I do, it has been too difficult, or impossible, to login or post.

Thats crazy that the iphone app works great and nothing else does. Gotta be having a serious impact.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;193897]I think some of the posting has dropped off due to the gulf layoffs catching up to us. I’ve been posting less too bc there haven’t really been any topics I feel like weighing in on much.[/QUOTE]

^BINGO

The industry is in recession, many of us are unemployed or under employed. Tough to get your career started when you are competing with senior mates or even masters for the few open jobs.

My posting has dropped off because no one wants to hear what’s really on my mind.

Disillusioned

Now you’re showing your ignorance of modern OSV electronicals. That is a pic from between our DP consoles.

[QUOTE=c.captain;193888]y’all are such weenies here pissing and moaning about your browsers and operating systems. hard core users like me get gCaptain translated to morse code and sent over 500kHz in ICW mode. here is a photo of me getting the latest dirt

after I take DAUNTLESS north and ask for political asylum, I’ll need a few good hands aboard but if you’ll want to keep up with the forum you’ll need to get your carpal tunnel fixed!

.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you put on a little weight, Scooter.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;193922]Looks like you put on a little weight, Scooter.[/QUOTE]

Must be eating all the holiday fruitcake nobody else wants.