Crude oil is collapsing!

Long ago we established that even union mariners get laid off but with a contract with the employer they are provided written and enforceable terms the vessel owner must obey in the process of who is laid off, what they are provided when employment ends and who gets rehired when the need returns. Further in good or bad times, the contract removes the power of the owner from unilaterally and arbitrarily rescinding agreed to benefits such as contributions to a 401k or pension plan. Today we see Gary Chouest taking back his agreed to 401k match at the same moment he throws money at politicians he expects will continue to support his business. Where on earth is the equity and fairness in that? With the status quo he wins every time and thus why he and his fellows are fighting tirelessly to ensure that status quo never change.

[QUOTE=c.captain;166869]you might look up the definition of the word schadenfreude to find your answer

and you are correct…Crude oil is collapsing.

Down almost 2 more percent today

• Updated - - -

fighting and arguing all by yourself leads to such outcomes but fighting and arguing as an organized collective leads to amazing results if the leaders of any collective place the best interests of the members first and foremost[/QUOTE]

schadenfreude…Yep it’s what you are.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;166887]schadenfreude…Yep it’s what you are.[/QUOTE]

yeah…AND?

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;166887]schadenfreude…Yep it’s what you are.[/QUOTE]

Probably what Jeaux Bawss is… a schadenfreude. Could c.captain = jeaux bawss? Vielleicht?

ohne den Schatten eines Zweifels

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;166901]ohne den Schatten eines Zweifels[/QUOTE]

ja, er ist ein weiser Kapitän

Sie sind mit Sicherheit eine nincompoop

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;166916]Sie sind mit Sicherheit eine nincompoop[/QUOTE]

nyah … Nüsse zu Ihnen

I don’t speak Scottish so I don’t have a clue of what you guys are saying.

If you really want to know, copy and paste to google. That’s how I was able to translate with one guy I’ve worked with. He typed in google bar and it’d tell me what he said.

he can look this one up for starters

wenig Toot ist ein nincompoop

still falling. when will with the $40/bbl threshold break?

Is this like an anchor pool? 06 September I say.

Well fellas, where is a good place to start lookin for work cause on an OSV in the gulf looks pretty slim this winter… We’ve been busy so far, but dosent look to good for this winter…

Tugboats are all full up. Please dont depress our already low wages anymore.

I hear NOAA and MSC need people.

Have actually been looking into and reading and researching MSC. only thing holding me back is the long periods away from home… What is NOAA? I know I’ve seen it on our chart corrections but what do they do?

[QUOTE=DeckApe;167131]Is this like an anchor pool? 06 September I say.[/QUOTE]

oh well before that…I say next week

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=josh.reid24;167165]What is NOAA? I know I’ve seen it on our chart corrections but what do they do?[/QUOTE]

Oh dear God!..steady old man, steady!

BLUEBERRIES! Lieutenant commander, NOAA officer corps, coming through! A goddamn veteran Perhaps?

Well, I’m prepared to catch hell for that… Just a deckhand fellas trying to find his way out here…

Just did some reading up on it… Dosent sound like a bad gig, depending on the leave time… I’m growing fond of working my hitches… That’s why I’m not interested in MSC unless necessary…