Container ship emergency in the Port of Tampa

Must say Dr.Sal is quick like a lightning geting this topic to general public attention. I was just reading The Maritime Executive when a pop up msg showed on my screen that Dr.Sal is on air bringing this time …GOOD NEWS :wink:

(1842) Containership Loses Power Entering Tampa Bay | Pilot Utilized Tugs to Stop the Ship - YouTube

Boxship Malfunction Causes Brief Scare in Tampa Bay (maritime-executive.com)

Have examined several local( beyond the great pond) news joints and see that we have another hero pilot waiting for some medal to be pinned to his chest .

Mean time thought I knew the difference betw panamax, neopanamax, post poanamax having some hands on experience on some of them but looks to me i do not know shit abt those types . Never too late to learn sth.

Wonder if the booms where down or up before Tyndall approach to berth . 0.5 - 1.5 kts seems normal speed for this size and two tugs assisting seems SOP as per source material (Tampa Bay Ports Guide) hence scribblers efforts to enhance the drama seem a bit odd.

Think gen public should have the difference btw “loss of power " and " M/E mulfunction” explained in more detail .

1 Like

I know the pilot personally. I can assure you this is not the case.

If You know the pilot personaly, then be so kind and ask Him if the gantry booms ( 4 of them) were all up or down prior berthing. If they were down ( what they might) ask Him what He did about it.

The thing below I will explain later

And thx for commenting. Cheers and have a wonderful rest of your day.

1 Like