Coast Guard Question database change

A while back I heard rumblings of a change in the questions given by the Coast Guard, to be effective in 2013. I haven’t heard anything lately and several searches revealed nothing. Does anybody know if they are, in fact, changing the question pool or will they still be the same ones?

Thanks
Nemo

They have already changed quite a few of them from when the databank wasn’t publicly available.

Thanks, Cap,
I thought they had changed somewhat when it was top secret voodoo-they-could-tell-but then-they’d-have-to-kill-us shit, but I didn’t know if there was a sweeping retooling of the questions in the works or if what was done during the embargo was all that was being done. I’ll find out firsthand in the next month or so. They haven’t changed the Rules or Aids to Navigation or any other criteria that I know of so I’m not too concerned, but lack of preparation and all that…
Thanks again
Nemo

The last 3rd I had said when he took his test he didn’t recognize a large number of questions. He took his tests about 6 months ago. So it sounds like they already changed the bank

Thanks,
I guess I’ll just find a source and download the lastest iteration of the questions and do a brief comparison. They can’t be any worse…can they?
I’ll post when I find something conclusive, if there is such a thing.
Nemo

When I took My 3rd Mate in July, all the questions on my test were in my study guides. Capn Joes and Murphy’s books. I thought they were in different parts but still all the same questions. Example and I only use this as an example, Cloud questions my have been in Deck Safety part of the test.

Now the Engineer part is a total different story as I hear it. A lot of new stuff.

Thanks y’all
I went ahead and downloaded the questions from the NMC website. There appears to be some cosmetic change to the questions but nothing of any substance. If I find anything that could be usefull to anyone I’ll post it.
Luckily, my engineering expertise begins and ends under the hood of a Chevy Duramax , so I won’t concern myself with those questions. I’m not nearly smart enough anyway.
Nemo

[QUOTE=“Capt. Nemo;91994”]Thanks y’all
I went ahead and downloaded the questions from the NMC website. There appears to be some cosmetic change to the questions but nothing of any substance. If I find anything that could be usefull to anyone I’ll post it.
Luckily, my engineering expertise begins and ends under the hood of a Chevy Duramax , so I won’t concern myself with those questions. I’m not nearly smart enough anyway.
Nemo[/QUOTE]

Where on the website are the questions located?? I did a couple of searches and came up empty. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rubber: http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/training/exams/deck/default.asp
Go to NMC> Training and Assessment > Exams (then pick Deck or Engineer)

Paul beat me to it. It’s a lot of data…you damned sure won’t want to print it, but it’s all there. From the short time I’ve had to compare, there are some changes in the Chart Plot, Deck Safety/Environment and and Deck Ganeral, but nothing monumental. Having studied the SHIT out of the old ones I’m not really concerned about taking the tests based on the new questions. I can screw the new ones up just as handilyl as I could have the old ones. Only time will tell. If nothig hiccups during testing, I’ll say that it was a good thing. On the other hand, if my test results are FUBAR it will be my opinion that the NMC really should have left things alone Waiting until after the fact…I should have been a politician or a bean counter;)
Nemo

I upgraded/tested in July for Chief Eng. Oceans and 3rd Asst. Eng. All modules questions except for Electricity, I had seen before in the Mass. Maritime Engineering Workbooks and Mariner Advancement flash stick. The Electricity had definitely changed. I didn’t recognize most of the questions and illustrations. There’s a lot more detail in electronics on the test now, including color illustrations of complete systems. Somehow, I managed to pass and hope I never have to upgrade again!

Well, after working a few of the “new” chart plots, they seem to be easier…or at least my solutions seem to be closer to what Mr.(0r Ms.) Coast Guard came up with. Or maybe I’m just getting better. Right. Like that’s the case.
Navigator Nemo