Classic Cars

Ocean City Classic Car Show 05/2010

[video=youtube_share;dMSmkNd9uok]http://youtu.be/dMSmkNd9uok[/video]

Back To The 50’s Car Show - Minnesota State Fair Grounds 2007

[video=youtube_share;p8p3QI14Qbs]http://youtu.be/p8p3QI14Qbs[/video]

Oh man…you are so singing my song! I love them all more than I love boats (and that’s saying something)!

Can’t even begin to name a favorite but there are obviously favs I can afford and favs I must lust after from a very great distance (like my lust for Lucy Lawless)

Just sold the '67 Ford Galaxie 500 ragtop the otherday to make room in my garage but no idea yet what I will fill it with. Looking at a '69 Torino GT convertible in the Tidewater with a 428CJ…RARE but the color is wrong as I suspect it needs more restoration that the seller is letting on. Another sweet ride in my sights is a '58 Ford Skyliner fully restored and a '66 Olds Toronado.

So many cars but so little $$$

Rockabilly Music & Hot Rod Cars (lol)

[video=youtube_share;pMamWFk9rv0]http://youtu.be/pMamWFk9rv0[/video]

[QUOTE=c.captain;104921]Oh man…you are so singing my song! I love them all more than I love boats (and that’s saying something)!

Can’t even begin to name a favorite but there are obviously favs I can afford and favs I must lust after from a very great distance (like my lust for Lucy Lawless)

Just sold the '67 Ford Galaxie 500 ragtop the otherday to make room in my garage but no idea yet what I will fill it with. Looking at a '69 Torino GT convertible in the Tidewater with a 428CJ…RARE but the color is wrong as I suspect it needs more restoration that the seller is letting on. Another sweet ride in my sights is a '58 Ford Skyliner fully restored and a '66 Olds Toronado.

So many cars but so little $$$[/QUOTE]

I know how ya feel. Any pics or vids you (or anyone else) would like to add to the thread…the more the merrier.

[QUOTE=bc9930;104927]I know how ya feel. Any pics or vids you (or anyone else) would like to add to the thread…the more the merrier.[/QUOTE]

we’ll be here a very long time you realize?

Some of the best surfing cars in Cali

[video=youtube_share;eshSIiUjCjE]http://youtu.be/eshSIiUjCjE[/video]

[QUOTE=c.captain;104936]we’ll be here a very long time you realize?[/QUOTE]

lol…yelp.

this is the Torino which I am looking at very closely at the moment

this has the potential to be a phenomenal car but there are so many unknowns and I can’t get out to Norfolk to see it for at least a month so I’ll probably lose it to someone else yet there are always more wonderful cars around the bend so…

[QUOTE=c.captain;104921]Oh man…you are so singing my song! I love them all more than I love boats (and that’s saying something)!

. Looking at a '69 Torino GT convertible in the Tidewater with a 428CJ…RARE but the color is wrong as I suspect it needs more restoration that the seller is letting on.

So many cars but so little $$$[/QUOTE]

My dad had a 70 Torino GT hartop, it had a 351 clevland 4V. It was yellow with the black GT stripes. He got it right after he got back from Vietnam. He wound up selling it about 5 or 6 years later, but he still has some pics of it. I was to young to remember much about it. However after looking at the pics I know now what it was. Wish he would have kept it.

I have 2 mustangs a 67 fast back GT, and a 93 GT 5.0 and 5 speed, both hard tops. I enjoy the old jewels, have had a lot of fun with them.

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;104989]My dad had a 70 Torino GT hartop, it had a 351 clevland 4V. It was yellow with the black GT stripes. He got it right after he got back from Vietnam. He wound up selling it about 5 or 6 years later, but he still has some pics of it. I was to young to remember much about it. However after looking at the pics I know now what it was. Wish he would have kept it.

I have 2 mustangs a 67 fast back GT, and a 93 GT 5.0 and 5 speed, both hard tops. I enjoy the old jewels, have had a lot of fun with them.[/QUOTE]

Pictures man…we need pictures!

For many years in a more hedonistic youth, I had a '69 Torino GT ragtop white with black GT stripes, a white top and a turquoise interior. She had a 302 2V with C4 tranny and only 33k original miles when I bought it in almost showroom condition from the original owner. I sold her 10 years later to a guy in Sarasota, FL and pray that gorgeous car is still around being beautiful.

Damn how our old rides can be like old girlfriends we wished we’d never dumped!

I have owned many classics over the years…here’s a partial list

current rides
1953 Pontiac Chieftan Catalina hardtop
1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham 4dr hardtop (my McGarrett ride)
1975 Ford F-600 4x4 Incident Command Truck (will never sell that one)

past rides
1967 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible (just sold)
1969 Ford Torino GT convert
1966 Olds Toronado
1967 Olds Toronado
1965 Ford Custom 300 sedan
1965 Ford Galaxie 500 sedan
1966 Ford F250
1966 Ford F100
1963 Ford Fairlane sedan
1964 Ford Fairlane hrdtp coupe
1959 Ford Skyliner
1947 Olds 88 coupe
1948 Chrysler New Yorker club coupe
1950 Studebaker sedan
1964 Rambler Classic wagon
1963 Rambler American wagon
1963 GMC 4x4
1963 VW split window bus
1970 VW camper bus
1972 VW squareback
1969 Ford Shasta motorhome
1975 Ford Chinook motorhome
1944 GMC CCKW deuce & a half
1967, 69 & 70 Kaiser-Jeep Wagoneers
1983 AMC Jeep Wagoneer

I know there are more but one thing was that all were virtually bone stock original and all very sweet (except for that deuce which was nasty and had things living in it!)