Carnival - why Mobile rather than Tampa?

Help is on the way from Hollywood…[ATTACH]2908[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=c.captain;98889]It’s not bad juju in play here…IT IS GROSS INCOMPETENCE AT EVERY LEVEL OF COMMAND AND MANAGEMENT!

I really do truly hope that there is a massive class action against Carnivore over the abominable insult to its passengers! They truly deserve to be taught a very painful financial lesson over this one![/QUOTE]

The tugs. I meant not to jinx them. Screw Carnivore.

PICS

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/14/first-photographs-from-carnival-triumph-cruise-ship.html

Gotta love the shit buckets and tent city, folks. Just like the Superdome.

To answer the topic question and add some clarification. The sunshine skyway bridge has an air draft of 170’. Cruise ships fit under it and up to channel side where there are 2 shipyards. GMR is way too small and ISR would be hard pressed to fit a cruise ship on their dry dock and even if it fit it might break in half…again. Can’t speak for St. Pete.

IIRC, the distance from the Tampa SB is over 45 miles to the shipyards. Mobile is more or less a straight shot in, only about 28. I can just see this bitch getting towed up Government cut, taking out everything in it’s path. And the smell emanating will be wondrous for everyone down wind for miles.

She’s almost to her berth now. You could hear the people onboard cheering from a quarter mile away.

[ATTACH]2923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2923[/ATTACH]

Live Feed http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvplive/cvpstream3&hpt=hp_c1#/video/cvplive/cvpstream3

also live on CNN if anyone’s bored

Imagine being the pilot…infamous trip that would be.

Just saw the Honey Boo Boo crew with signs: “Sweet Home Alabama” and “woo pig soooie” :slight_smile:

Another one: “NEED BEER” lolol

[QUOTE=coldduck;98943]She’s almost to her berth now. You could hear the people onboard cheering from a quarter mile away.

[ATTACH]2923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2923[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Nice to see that they could keep the stack light on!!!

Just wait until they start booking passengers for a cruise on the “Newly Renovated Ship”. People have short memories and most that will book in the future will not even know or care that this happened.

If this was a U.S. Flagged Vessel all of the Politicians would be calling for hearings into what happened but we all know that on this case it will never happen as these Cruise Lines have very deep pockets.

How soon before you see souvenir red biohazard shit bags on eBay? Unused of course.

Nice to see that they could keep the stack light on!!![/QUOTE]

Advertisement!

CNN Laying it on thick with the comments that the hotel staff can retire in their third world countries of origin after just 5 or 6 years of working on a cruise ship as “wealthy citizens.” What patronizing nonsense, has he actually ever spoken to one of those Pinoy or Indian staff? They often do not get wages and tips due, it is a notorious abuse of the cruise industry.

I feel the need to vent here where I can be around people who understand me (i.e. fellow merchant mariners of all different shapes and sizes)… I just want to say that there are SO MANY things about this whole situation that just frustrate the HELL out of me on all the different sides. The media response, the conduct of the company, the conduct of (some of) the passengers, the whole thing just makes me want to set myself adrift some place where I cannot hear about any of this nonsense.

Carnival management = Morons
Resolve Pioneer = Junk

CNN Bullshit = Priceless

How do you know that the resolve pioneer is junk?

They referred to the hotel personnel as real sailors.

Back to OP, The reason for Mobile is it looks like BAE in Pascagoula will make repairs.

Built 1978 as the Pioneer Service. It was junk in 1978. I worked around it during the Horizon spill in 2010 and …