Carnival - why Mobile rather than Tampa?

to only add an incredible insult to injury…THE TUGS JUST LOST THE TOW!

I know what to do now…CALL THE AIVIQ!

[QUOTE=c.captain;98874]to only add an incredible insult to injury…THE TUGS JUST LOST THE TOW!

I know what to do now…CALL THE AIVIQ![/QUOTE]

so it’s moving again…Paul Watson must be in command out there because if a PHUCKING PHARCE OF PHENOMENAL PROPORTIONS!

Amazing - What else can go wrong on this holiday cruise from hell? Any storm clouds in the forecast? Partially sunken oil rigs in their path? Rampent disintary from poor sanitation? I’m sure the devil hasn’t played every card yet.

Shhhh! Don’t jinx em.

Obviously the tug had a Greek crew and an Italian captain! That’s how it happened!

Too bad that Aiviq is unavailable… Lol

The tug is US flag and owned by Resolve Marine Group in Fort Lauderdale, so hopefully its does Not have a Greek crew and Italian captain.

Its probably a good thing that they’ve had nice weather…

ETA is now around mid-night. Then they say it will take 4 to 5 hours to get passengers off onto the dock.

[QUOTE=catherder;98882]Shhhh! Don’t jinx em.[/QUOTE]

It’s not bad juju in play here…IT IS GROSS INCOMPETENCE AT EVERY LEVEL OF COMMAND AND MANAGEMENT!

I really do truly hope that there is a massive class action against Carnivore over the abominable insult to its passengers! They truly deserve to be taught a very painful financial lesson over this one!

[QUOTE=tugsailor;98886]The tug is US flag and owned by Resolve Marine Group in Fort Lauderdale, so hopefully its does Not have a Greek crew and Italian captain.[/QUOTE]

One of the tugs dispatched to the C.T. is named the DOTAH

or something stoopid like that.

[QUOTE=cmakin;98861]Well, the less they eat, the less they crap. . . . less baggies to leave in the passageway. . .[/QUOTE]
I can just imagine the amount of Portuguese Man-O-Wars that are going to be reported in the next couple months all along the GOM and eastern seaboard!

You can’t make this stuff up! I understand the salvage masters are a couple of local fellas, Boudreaux & Thibodeaux from Raceland.

[QUOTE=c.captain;98889]It’s not bad juju in play here…IT IS GROSS INCOMPETENCE AT EVERY LEVEL OF COMMAND AND MANAGEMENT!

I really do truly hope that there is a massive class action against Carnivore over the abominable insult to its passengers! They truly deserve to be taught a very painful financial lesson over this one![/QUOTE]

As far as I know cruise ship passengers do NOT have any right to sue. The tickets are contracts that include an arbitration clause and a forum selection clause. The last I knew, the cruise lines were having success in enforcing these clauses. Maybe something has changed.

The US owned, but foreign flag, cruise industry operating out of US ports, advertising and selling tickets in the US, and primarily carrying US citizens has gotten far too big, and there have been far too many incidents, for it to be allowed to continue without stricter US regulation and an enforceable “passenger bill of rights.”

Does it seem to anyone else that the rudder, or azipods, or whatever steers that ship is stuck halfway over to starboard?

The tug GOTAH came out of Progresso, Mexico. They say a tug out of Fouchon is also involved.

The TV news just showed a wisp of black smoke coming from the Carnivore ships stack. Of course this could be the Tier 2 Al Gore incinerators onboard or they could be doing some early voting for the new Pope.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;98896]As far as I know cruise ship passengers do NOT have any right to sue. The tickets are contracts that include an arbitration clause and a forum selection clause. The last I knew, the cruise lines were having success in enforcing these clauses. Maybe something has changed.

The US owned, but foreign flag, cruise industry operating out of US ports, advertising and selling tickets in the US, and primarily carrying US citizens has gotten far too big, and there have been far too many incidents, for it to be allowed to continue without stricter US regulation and an enforceable “passenger bill of rights.”[/QUOTE]

clever lawyers can find holes in those contracts and with the smell of filth, I am sure they also smell blood out there. Remember that the majority of the pax are from the Houston area and there are more ravenous lawyers in Houston per square meter than just about any place on the planet.

//youtu.be/pmLP0QQPqFw

GOOD…EAT CARNIVORE CRUISES ALIVE YOU WONDERFUL FELLOWS YOU!

[QUOTE=tugsailor;98900]Does it seem to anyone else that the rudder, or azipods, or whatever steers that ship is stuck halfway over to starboard?

The tug GOTAH came out of Progresso, Mexico. They say a tug out of Fouchon is also involved.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the tug from Fourchon is the “Wilken Falgout” Decent old tug, built by maine iron works, 16 645 EMD’s if I remember correctly rated at 4200 H.P.

I’m pretty sure it’s the Roland Falgout that’s doing the towing now. The better question is why they used the Resolve Pioneer to do the bulk of the towing. There has to be better equipment than a thirty something year old 80 ton bollard pull ahts.

[QUOTE=coldduck;98906]The better question is why they used the Resolve Pioneer to do the bulk of the towing. There has to be better equipment than a thirty something year old 80 ton bollard pull ahts.[/QUOTE]

I am sure no one at Carnivore is smart enough to know any of that but they just turned to a big name in the salvage business who is likely way over charging Carnival…

GOOD!

Atleast our cruise terminal is getting used for something!

I got a buddy on there. He said the bar was closed the past five days except when the other carnival vessel came alongside to transfer some food. They came over the load speaker and said the bar is open and will be open to midnight. They all cheered but as soon as the other vessel cleared they announced the bar closed. They are running the PR game pretty good.

From what my buddy tells me conditions are as bad as any rumor going around. They have been sleeping on deck in makeshift tents cause they had three inches of shit in their cabin. Not shit water but shit. And yes he has been shitting in a red bag for 5 days. This guy goes on one to two cruises a year, but I think those vouchers will go unused. 500 bucks for missing a weeks work, yeah that’s fair.