Career advice

I get up every morning and read the posts from the gang at g captain( c captain, Fragrat, tugsailor, Skycowboy,jdcavd,Tengineer) just to name a few. I enjoy them I have been doing it for 2 years. I know the industry is slow, But it may be bold of me to ask but I just like to get on a boat I work cheap 1500/3000 a month I have these endorsements DDE4000, QMED, Refrigerating Engineer Pumpman, Electrician, junior engineer Oiler, OS,Lifeboatman,Advanced fire,STCW V1/1 V1/2 V1/3 V1/6 TWIC. I want get on a boat so I can move up to a 3A/E that seems to be a better spot to be in I will take any boat so I can move in that direction. Dont be to hard on me C captain Iam just the average JOE American looking for a job. Thank You- Best Regards. jodavid214@gmail.com

[QUOTE=The Average JOE;168562]I get up every morning and read the posts from the gang at g captain( c captain, Fragrat, tugsailor, Skycowboy,jdcavd,Tengineer) just to name a few. I enjoy them I have been doing it for 2 years. I know the industry is slow, But it may be bold of me to ask but I just like to get on a boat I work cheap 1500/3000 a month I have these endorsements DDE4000, QMED, Refrigerating Engineer Pumpman, Electrician, junior engineer Oiler, OS,Lifeboatman,Advanced fire,STCW V1/1 V1/2 V1/3 V1/6 TWIC. I want get on a boat so I can move up to a 3A/E that seems to be a better spot to be in I will take any boat so I can move in that direction. Dont be to hard on me C captain Iam just the average JOE American looking for a job. Thank You- Best Regards. jodavid214@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of good jobs available for Mariners with your endorsements. If you don’t know how to job hunt, learn, or use one of the employer paid recruiters, There is absolutely no reason for you, or anyone like you to work cheap. When you work cheap, you are doing yourself and other qualified Mariners like yourself a great disservice.

[QUOTE=The Average JOE;168562][B]I work cheap 1500/3000 a month[/B] I have these endorsements DDE4000, QMED, Refrigerating Engineer Pumpman, Electrician, junior engineer Oiler, OS,Lifeboatman,Advanced fire,STCW V1/1 V1/2 V1/3 V1/6 TWIC.[/QUOTE]

Are we in the Philippines? All jokes aside, you can make more than that working in retail. Don’t undervalue your labor.

I dont want to bring the day rate down Iam that desperate to get on a boat to get more experience to move up, I tried two agencies I have gone to Louisiana for 12 days back in March. Properly done at least 50 online apps. I just need a opening. I have even joined AMO if I was a 3a/e I could get a job with them. Thank You

[QUOTE=tugsailor;168565]There are plenty of good jobs available for Mariners with your endorsements. If you don’t know how to job hunt, learn, or use one of the employer paid recruiters, There is absolutely no reason for you, or anyone like you to work cheap. When you work cheap, you are doing yourself and other qualified Mariners like yourself a great disservice.[/QUOTE]
Iam not trying to bring down the day rate I just trying to get on a vessel I want to move up.Iam that desperate, Ive tried 2 agencies I have done at least 100 apps on line ( maritime web sites) I even went to Louisiana in march for 12 days I had g captain companies to apply to in hand. I also went thought the Tug boat company list. I dont feel I have been a slacker just looking for some advice Thank You jodavid214@gmail.com

Apply to MSC

[QUOTE=The Average JOE;168600]Iam not trying to bring down the day rate I just trying to get on a vessel I want to move up.Iam that desperate, Ive tried 2 agencies I have done at least 100 apps on line ( maritime web sites) I even went to Louisiana in march for 12 days I had g captain companies to apply to in hand. I also went thought the Tug boat company list. I dont feel I have been a slacker just looking for some advice Thank You jodavid214@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Try Premier Pacific Seafoods in Seattle and the other Seattle based fishing companies that operate large factory vessels.

For recruiters try, Faststream, Oceanwide, C-Mar, Spencer Ogden, and Maritime
Headhunters. You can find them with Google

It’s all about being at the right place at the right time and ready to sail.

NOAA is always looking for engineers if you’re hitting dead ends everywhere else.

[QUOTE=The Average JOE;168562]Dont be to hard on me C captain Iam just the average JOE American looking for a job.[/QUOTE]

I too am just another Average Joe but you should consider yourself lucky that I arrived late to this party.

btw, you should change your username to JoeMamma!

[QUOTE=The Average JOE;168562]I get up every morning and read the posts from the gang at g captain( c captain, Fragrat, tugsailor, Skycowboy,jdcavd,Tengineer) just to name a few. I enjoy them I have been doing it for 2 years. I know the industry is slow, But it may be bold of me to ask but I just like to get on a boat I work cheap 1500/3000 a month I have these endorsements DDE4000, QMED, Refrigerating Engineer Pumpman, Electrician, junior engineer Oiler, OS,Lifeboatman,Advanced fire,STCW V1/1 V1/2 V1/3 V1/6 TWIC. I want get on a boat so I can move up to a 3A/E that seems to be a better spot to be in I will take any boat so I can move in that direction. Dont be to hard on me C captain Iam just the average JOE American looking for a job. Thank You- Best Regards. jodavid214@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

If you have DDE4000 you should not have trouble finding a job, apply at any and all tugboat companies. Brusco, Sause bros, Kirby, maybe you are looking in the wrong sector. There should be jobs out there.

Do you need to be on a certain HP vessel? I’m about to leave where I am but it’s only 2000hp. I would be happy to point you in the direction if you can deal with a captain that thinks he’s an engineer because he knows how to turn on the engine and with an annoying deckhand. Job’s all yours if you want it

[QUOTE=cajaya;168632]Do you need to be on a certain HP vessel? I’m about to leave where I am but it’s only 2000hp. I would be happy to point you in the direction if you can deal with a captain that thinks he’s an engineer because he knows how to turn on the engine and with an annoying deckhand. Job’s all yours if you want it[/QUOTE]

Just don’t fool with the batteries.

[QUOTE=cajaya;168632]Do you need to be on a certain HP vessel? I’m about to leave where I am but it’s only 2000hp. I would be happy to point you in the direction if you can deal with a captain that thinks he’s an engineer because he knows how to turn on the engine and with an annoying deckhand. Job’s all yours if you want it[/QUOTE]

Thank you all you guys. I’ve tried MSC all the Alaskan seafood companies.I even have a friend at Alaska leader fisheries. I got contracts with compass, Faststeam, C-Mar.I tried NOAA twice went through all the tugboat companies online also sea captains tugboat list.I have I feel great reference letters.I play well with others.I am from the old school I enjoy work.Cajaya, If you can steer me in the direction I would appreciate it email me.Best Regards.
Jodavid214@gmail.com