Captains or Other Crew that you Would Not Sail With

Please, I worked with more ex cons and closet alcoholics in the oil patch than I could throw a stick at. Never mind the wife beaters and cheaters, Sunday morning Christian hypocrites.

Sometimes when a hiring boom is going on you reach a point where the vetting process suffers. In my experience it’s the third party riggers and cooks we have most of our issues with. Some of these individuals will not hesitate to engage in fisticuffs with the crew and each other. My HR department assures me that our Mariners are top notch or else they would not pass the background checks for clearances, TWIC’s and seamen’s documents.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161228]Sometimes when a hiring boom is going on you reach a point where the vetting process suffers. In my experience it’s the third party riggers and cooks we have most of our issues with. Some of these individuals will not hesitate to engage in fisticuffs with the crew and each other. My HR department assures me that our Mariners are top notch or else they would not pass the background checks for clearances, TWIC’s and seamen’s documents.[/QUOTE]Your HR department is full of crap. Many mariners pass background checks for clearances, TWICs and seaman’s documents that are in no way shape or form “top notch”.

BahahahahahahahahHahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Well pack her up boys, his HR department assures him!

Please, we really must know, what boat company do you or your daddy own?

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161228]Sometimes when a hiring boom is going on you reach a point where the vetting process suffers. In my experience it’s the third party riggers and cooks we have most of our issues with. Some of these individuals will not hesitate to engage in fisticuffs with the crew and each other. My HR department assures me that our Mariners are top notch or else they would not pass the background checks for clearances, TWIC’s and seamen’s documents.[/QUOTE]

If you believe the TWIC is some assurance of quality then I’d like to know who your crack supplier is- you must be getting top notch stuff.

He probably believes each of his boats has a working TWIX reader onboard.

I believe I’m going to take a meeting with my HR staff and review our vetting process. Perhaps I am to far removed from these day to day tasks to truly understand how these background checks work. I almost certain my Mariners are not the moral reprobates as you suggest. These men are the face of my company and by extension me as well. I do not wish to have wife beaters, perverts and malcontents representing my interests.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161250] I do not wish to have wife beaters, perverts and malcontents representing my interests.[/QUOTE]

Too late…

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;161244]He probably believes each of his boats has a working TWIX reader onboard.[/QUOTE]

They did, but they all got jammed up with caramel, chocolate and cookie.

I prefer peanut butter twix myself.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;161254]I prefer peanut butter twix myself.[/QUOTE]

They have those now???

hey jeaux, don’t you have a fellow jeaux boss or two that’s a pedophile or something already?

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161250]I believe I’m going to take a meeting with my HR staff and review our vetting process. Perhaps I am to far removed from these day to day tasks to truly understand how these background checks work. I almost certain my Mariners are not the moral reprobates as you suggest. These men are the face of my company and by extension me as well. I do not wish to have wife beaters, perverts and malcontents representing my interests.[/QUOTE] Background checks may weed out murderers and rapists but that still isn’t getting top notch sailors out there. I have sailed with my share of perverts and malcontents who have passed the checks. Wife beaters , not so much. HR is too isolated from the vessel to understand who they have out there. HR has their own agenda as to who they like. Usually it is the person that is going to make their life easier. That person may always jump when HR asks but that doesn’t mean he/she is a good mariner. HR is looking to have a warm body on the leash so they can be done by 5 o’clock and go home for dinner.

Oh yes indeed.

[QUOTE=z-drive;160996]are you cajaya’s brother or something?[/QUOTE]

He is just like the know it all fakes he is describing.

“The NEPOTISM crews that sail together every one is like peas in a pot”

Great word of the day, did you hear it on tv? Too bad you didn’t listen long enough to learn the meaning of it, but I guess the Kardashians were coming on Lifetime and you had to switch channels. Are you telling us that you commonly sailed with entire crews that were related? Or perhaps, the term your sharp tongue and dull wit was searching for was Cronyism (the preferential treatment of friends and associates) when it came to the crews you encountered.

Whatever the answer is you seem bent on pushing an agenda.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161228]Sometimes when a hiring boom is going on you reach a point where the vetting process suffers. In my experience it’s the third party riggers and cooks we have most of our issues with. Some of these individuals will not hesitate to engage in fisticuffs with the crew and each other. My HR department assures me that our Mariners are top notch or else they would not pass the background checks for clearances, TWIC’s and seamen’s documents.[/QUOTE]

You clearly don’t know shit about TWIC cards and what disqualifies a person from getting one permanently or for a period of 7 years if you believe your HR Dept. is hiring nothing but “top notch” mariners. If you can get a TWIC, there’s a good chance you can get a brand new Chairman Mao book.

Here’s some light reading. It really is worth your time…

http://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/pdf/twic/Disqualifying_Criminal_Offenses_Current.pdf

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;161284]Oh yes indeed.[/QUOTE]

I’ll bet they are fantastic right out of the freezer. Like Reeses.

Hey, jeaux, where you goin’ with that Twic in your hand?

Uh, you Do have one, right?

Jeaux may wanna read this article.

After this happened, they actually had to revise the disqualifying factors to include manslaughter (this guy had a previous manslaughter conviction, which was allowable under the old rules)

The report on this had no mention of this guy showing any ID at all. There was no mention of the TWIC card being used. But the Navy used this to not allow the TWIC as access to bases. Instead now you need a RapidGate which is over 200.00 a year!! This is another bullshit Beltway bandit organization run by ex Admirals. It has pretty much the initial disqualifying criteria that the TWIC was started with before it was dumb down.