Capt. Doug ( shellback) Pine

IMPERIVM NEPTVNI REGIS

To all sailors wherever ye may be and to all mermaids, whales, sea serpents, porpoises, sharks dolphins, eels skates, suckers , crabs, lobsters and all other living things of the sea:

Know ye that between 27 July, 2009 and 18 Oct, 2009 in the Latitude 000.00 and between 170.00 W - 170.00 E Longitude, on at least 10-15 times, this crew member ,Doug Pine, appeared within the Royal Domains of Neptunus Rex and having been found worthy to be numbered as a trusty shellback was initiated into the

[SIZE=6]Solemn  Mysteries

[SIZE=4]
of the

[SIZE=6] Ancient Order of the Deep
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Doug, in the Navy they gave us this cool little certificate for crossing over…After what you went through, I think you should have one too…:wink:

So how many times was it ?

Just wondering, What do the merchant guys do to the pollywags when you cross the line? Do ya’ll do a ceramony and do nasty things like they used to do in the NAVY?

I guess this goes out to all the boats that cross the line.

Capt. Pine,
Welcome aboard, fellow Shellback!

[quote=AB Murph;22390]Just wondering, What do the merchant guys do to the pollywags when you cross the line? Do ya’ll do a ceramony and do nasty things like they used to do in the NAVY?

I guess this goes out to all the boats that cross the line.[/quote]

**this was done to me…boil spaggetti noodles w/red food coloring combine w/canned green pea puree…serve chilled…blindfold the “wogs” and have them eat half the bowl…have them take off the blindfold…when they ask what they are eating tell them king neptune’s seaworm soup…most will make it to the bulwarks!!

Crossed the arctic circle 8 times this past summer and fall. No ceremony though…
I’m a bluenose now!

doug: welcome fellow shellback!
AB Murph: we recently preformed a ceremony on our southbound merchant ship crossing the line, the only one aboard not a shellback was a recent Kings Point engineer. he had to get plastered with flour and eggs out on deck then hosed off with salt water and a skanky-ass mop. since we were heading to the deep south (57 degrees south latitiude) and he had worryingly confessed previously that he only had one sweatshirt, one pair of long pants, and was not prepared for cold weather, we took the opportunity to throw all his warm clothes overboard as tribute to king neptune. made him worry for a few days afterwards before we all chipped in and got him set up with a proper warm kit. good fun and he was a good sport. he received a nice certificate to prove his shellback-ness (?)