Can a convicted felon acquire a TWIC and MMC?

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;121046]Agree - MA, CT, and NY are hell bent on making otherwise law abiding citizens felons with their recent over the top attempt at gun control.

That was the point of my post. Felonies are no longer reserved for sociopathic criminals. Any offense with the POTENTIAL of a 1 year or greater jail term is by default a Felony. If you are charged and accept a plea deal with not a single day in jail, you can still be labeled a felon for life.

Something is very wrong with that. Still, It was good of jdcavo to set the record straight that there is a review process and a conviction alone does not automatically disqualify you from working on board.

ps: I still have a 25 round mag for my Ruger 10-22. I have until end March of next year to A) Destroy it; B) Surrender it to law enforcement; C) Sell it out of State; D) Apply to the State Department of Pubic Safety for a special permit - With a fee that exceeds what I paid for the silly thing. I’m going to sell it on eBay and donate to proceeds to the NRA.[/QUOTE]

nothing like being a retroactive criminal by way of CT legislature.

how about: (E) CT go f%^$ your self and then (F) Move to somewhere unlike MA, CT, and NY.

as far choice (F) goes, you should do that anyway. no point in paying state income tax when you don’t have to. just rent a place in NH with some fellow mariners for a few years before you even think about setting down roots…

I’ve got a 10/22 and recently bought a Huntertown can for it. Let me know how much you want for the magazine.

I’ve never had an issue with convictions, although some of my crew members have. The biggest issues that they have run into involved DUI’s and substance use. They were able to get their TWIC’s, I believe, only because their convictions were old and because they went through drug courts, Driver Intervention, or substance abuse treatment.

For hose who have been convicted and served time in prison, I think that time, lack of further convictions, and involvement in se form of rehabilitation is on your side. If you have had a psychological evaluation since you were released that shows that you’re rehabilitated or ready to work, this would be to your benefit.