BW Offshore and Seagull Oil & Gas announce training initiative

[B]BWO Offshore and Seagull Oil & Gas are cooperating to develop industry-leading training material for the offshore industry.[/B]

Building on a training relationship stretching back almost two decades, BW Offshore and Seagull are developing new training material to cover BW Offshore’s process and production operations.

[I]“This is a great opportunity for Seagull Oil & Gas,” says Morten Aasen, Managing Director, Seagull Oil & Gas. “We have the ambition to offer the most comprehensive training library for the oil & gas industry, and BWO Offshore is an ideal partner for us. To support our ambition we have acquired all intellectual rights of the educational material developed by Norwegian Petroleum Academy. This is the official educational material used by technical colleges in Norway. We are building a comprehensive e-learning library based on the educational material, and by partnering with industry leaders like BW Offshore we aim to offer exactly what the industry needs.”[/I]

[I]“BW Offshore has an ambition to always be at the forefront when it comes to training of our offshore crew,” says Dagfinn Hatleskog, BW Offshore Senior Vice President Oceanic Fleet. “We have worked with Seagull for many years on the maritime part of our operations, and we are delighted to see that Seagull now also focuses on production and process related topics. Seagull and BW Offshore share the idea that training is most effective offshore using real equipment, where the crews are already on duty.”[/I]​