Brexit

Never mind all the financial problems…how about a bit of pomp and circumstance?

such joyous news!..just what the most useless family on the planet needs…more obscene luxuries paid for by the commoners.

and speaking of obscene, the Royals are “almost” the most useless family…I forgot about the Kardashians

anyway, I am certain that most highly bloated impresario himself Captain Kenneth R. Force, USMS will sit on his porcelain throne and write a stirring march to its launch…huzzah!

is “the Force” even still alive?

That yacht shore is purty though. Unlike the floating wedding cakes millionaires are jonesing for nowadays.

[QUOTE=c.captain;191557]…more obscene luxuries paid for by the commoners. [/QUOTE]

At least that trailer trash family isn’t housed by the taxpayer. Google “military mansions” if you want to get pissed off about our own self appointed royalty.

Ya that picture is almost a painting.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;191565]That yacht shore is purty though. Unlike the floating wedding cakes millionaires are jonesing for nowadays.[/QUOTE]

She sure is purty and you can enjoy the facilities for a small consideration: http://www.luxuryscotland.co.uk/news-offers/tag/the-royal-yacht-britannia/
You will have to travel to Leith, Scotland though, as she is no longer sailing.

[QUOTE=Steamer;191567]At least that trailer trash family isn’t housed by the taxpayer. Google “military mansions” if you want to get pissed off about our own self appointed royalty.[/QUOTE]

I did and am not surprised one bit…

all this BULLSHIT about selfless service to the Nation is nothing but a CROCK! It is all about the retirement and the benefits. Take them away and every jack one of the brasshats is gone! They are only in to make FUCKING BANK!

Governments are just printing money now, even, in fact moving toward negative interest rates (22 countries thus far) the cost of that ship isn’t going to deepen the pit into which leading governments are plunging by a measurable amount.
A few conservatives symbol of a once great nation, similar to the USA’s symbols disappearing…
it’ll come back in spurts and bursts like maybe this ship?

How would Washington react if China all of a sudden decided to square the accounts while we’re in the hole for Zillions?
Would it be like, "OK, you can have the Port of Long Beach, Disneyland, and Dodger Stadium…Oh heck, we like you guys so much, we’ll even throw in what’s left of our maritime industry."
Or would it be like “So sorry, we blew it. We can’t help you. The money’s all gone.”

Oh I know, our fearless leaders would simply turbocharge the fuck outta those printing presses.

[QUOTE=jimrr;191604]Governments are just printing money now, even, in fact moving toward negative interest rates (22 countries thus far) the cost of that ship isn’t going to deepen the pit into which leading governments are plunging by a measurable amount.
A few conservatives symbol of a once great nation, similar to the USA’s symbols disappearing…
it’ll come back in spurts and bursts like maybe this ship?[/QUOTE]

How would Washington react if China all of a sudden decided to square the accounts while we’re in the hole for Zillions?
Would it be like, “OK, you can have the Port of Long Beach, Disneyland, and Dodger Stadium…Oh heck, we like you guys so much, we’ll even throw in Atlantic City.”

Or would it be like “So sorry, we blew it. We can’t help you. The money’s all gone…”

Oh I know, our fearless leaders would simply turbocharge the hell outta those printing presses.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;191617]How would Washington react if China all of a sudden decided to square the accounts while we’re in the hole for Zillions?
Would it be like, “OK, you can have the Port of Long Beach, Disneyland, and Dodger Stadium…Oh heck, we like you guys so much, we’ll even throw in Atlantic City.”

Or would it be like “So sorry, we blew it. We can’t help you. The money’s all gone…”

Oh I know, our fearless leaders would simply turbocharge the hell outta those printing presses.[/QUOTE]

Next time you google “national debt” or “china debt” add the letters “MMT” for example google: “china debt MMT”

[QUOTE=jimrr;191604]Governments are just printing money now, even, in fact moving toward negative interest rates (22 countries thus far) the cost of that ship isn’t going to deepen the pit into which leading governments are plunging by a measurable amount.
it’ll come back in spurts and bursts like maybe this ship?[/QUOTE]

Today the value of any nation’s currency is like a hologram…it is purely illusion. Tangible wealth, ie. resources, manufactured products, real estate have monetary values which are artificial because the money used to pay for them is based on phoney make believe numbers being sent from one computer to another over and over again. If real currency existed (vis. the gold standard) the monetary costs for EVERYTHING would become unimaginably high.

the British Pound note used to be based on 16oz. of Sterling silver which is $14.70/oz or $235/lb today but I can go buy a “Pound” for $1.25 at the airport.

Money as we know it actually only has any perceived value if enough of us believes it has. The instant that belief slips so does its perceived value and if a big enough global catastrophe occurs, “money” will have no value to anyone at all. The most valuable commodities then will be grain and diesel oil.

And guns…and bullets…

Only if you have more than your neighbor.

[QUOTE=lm1883;191622]Modern Monetary Theory, when put in practice leads to hyper-inflation.[/QUOTE]

The charts for that area are not in agreement but how can disscuss which chart is the best if we are not even aware that charts are required for that area?

I’ve not been able to verify the charts there because I never found the bottom there with the leadline I was using, not prepared to discuss the depth much less the nature of the bottom.

[QUOTE=lm1883;191654]No, the charts are there and this kind of theory (MMT) has been has been attempted a number of times, always with failure. But hey, with a supporter like Alan Greenspan, it’s got to be sound, right?

Edit – Japan’s Abenomics is widely considered an experiment with MMT and worth looking at if you care see how it works outside of academic circles.[/QUOTE]

Greenspan and Ayn Rand. They had all the answers

[QUOTE=lm1883;191657]Two very different schools of thought. Greenspan is widely credited with the 2008 crash, or at the very least being asleep at the wheel. Ayn Rand wrote the Atlas books because of ideas of like Modern Monetary Theory and their consequences.[/QUOTE]
Didn’t mean to quote you ‘1883’ but one can evidently not ‘‘reply to this thread’’ … something for the admin. to figure out? in extremis as mentioned in the last few threads the more valuable items will be, in order: medicine, ammunition, food , a

[QUOTE=jimrr;191811]in extremis as mentioned in the last few threads the more valuable items will be, in order: medicine, ammunition, food[/QUOTE]

Having lived through some of LA’s worst riots and earthquakes I’ve seen how quickly some sections of society unravel and civility evaporates. Since it only takes about 3 days for the food supply chain to fizzle out, I’ll take water, food and ammo.

live on a farm now that the world is in unchartered territory, thats what my investment banking buddies have been saying for the last 10 years

jim Rodgers? you may have to do it via stocks as food may well be for the most part coming from a country that isn’t making farming illegal.