Box boat aground in Suez Canal

Should Vessel Type Generic: Cargo Hazard A ( Major ) be cause for alarm?

Sorry for the shit post but I figure some one will appreciate this.

7 Likes

If there are no job opportunities for him in Egypt, the R*C has job openings and is always looking for volunteers. With his background in investigative reporting and opinion piece writing he is a natural for that crowd.

6 Likes

I read that it was a blackout from a sandstorm. I’ve been in a few sandstorms in the desert and I can believe it, you can barely see a few feet in front of you.

1 Like

I agree this might have been sabotage, the dick that they drew before running aground is the hallmark of the Ancient Order of The Phallus who might have returned from their mission to Krypton where they were mining Kryptonite.

8 Likes

5 Likes

because John permits such a person to even be able to post to this forum shows how little he cares and why the discourse has descended to such depths of the inane and asinine here. Certainly one reason I barely post anything any more! I want my posts to be read by men who I consider my professional peers and not imbeciles. Don’t blame our resident Swedish moron…blame the leadership!

Anyway, this whole debacle is a result of a ship with far too much windage traveling too slowly for the rudder to have real effect. Once she started to swing there was no way to get her aligned with the channel again. Too little time available in such narrow waters to order a burst of speed to give some wash past the rudder. The management of the canal are to blame for not demanding a powerful tug ahead and astern in such wind conditions and now they have discovered their oversight and paying a steep price for their lapse of judgement. Stoopid Gypos!

9 Likes

You wonder whether climbing up that slope what the effect is on the integrity of the hull. The gigantic forces which are generated by this process must end in some serious underwater damage, you would think.

On the other hand there haven’t been, so far as I know, reports that there was for instance water ingress.

2 Likes

So the Suez canal doesn’t have a parallel water way for smaller ships?

No.

1 Like

Heiwa: :crazy_face: He’s so crazy, Qanon turned him down for the job of shaman and gave it to the other guy.

5 Likes

The Japan bombs made contact with the ground. Of course they didn’t explode over.

AFA the Suez canal, who decided not to have parallel canals to control the flow of water and traffic? If subway systems are built with escape and maintenance routes, the engineers of the busiest shipping lane in the world just decided it was best to have the odd accident cause billions of dollars in delays per day to their customers…

The Suez Canal Authority wants you to know that they’re hard at work.

2 Likes

They were actually air bursts.

</OT>

Canal construction is among the most resource intensive infrastructure projects. You don’t build another one just in case.

2 Likes

At the incident’s time and place, the gale force wind and the heavy sandstorm must have been ‘deductions’ of innocent journalists:
“The gale in the SE-Levantine basin of the Mediterranean… that’s Egypt!
A gale in a sand desert… it was a sandstorm.”

Even the charts, by fredwx in post #43, show manageable winds at their southern edge. The Great Bitter Lake is visible in the lower parts of the charts, the incident was still more to the South.

The forecasts for the morning of March 23, for the Canal near Suez, gave Southerly winds of 20/22 knots and a medium sand dust in the air, enough to make a milky sky, but not a sandstorm.

Pic from March 23, the day of the incident:

This picture was shot at the vessel ‘Maersk Denver’, behind the ‘Evergiven’ in the convoy.
‘Maersk Denver’ stopped 2/3 of a mile away from the ‘Evergiven’.
Dusty yes, but not a storm where you cannot see your own feet!

PS:
Today ‘Maersk Denver’ returned to the Gulf of Suez, they probably did not see a resolution coming soon…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Plate movements related to the recent large earthquakes have shifted the floor of the canal.

After this change, the first deep draught vessel coming along found shallower than expected water.

Can anyone locate comparative satellite photos showing the width of water in the canal? Since the banks are steep, the canal should appear narrower now.

Even if they can refloat her, there isn’t enough canal depth for her to easily continue, she will just ground again in another 100m. If you see dredgers getting to work nearby, this will be confirmation.

Tall cranes from the digger access track to start lightening the load, reduce draught.

Deep draught ships might all be diverting around Good Hope until this is resolved, in weeks to months.

1 Like

Heiwa, you lucky guy! You are now officially the second biggest nutjob on Gcaptain. Make way for davemc!

From the website he links to:

Ning Rules that Apply

1. No debunking and disruption. Debunking and disruption will lead to suspension.
  2. The existence of Planet X and the truthfulness of ZetaTalk are not debatable.

Also, this guy:

1 Like

I use the parallel Panama Canal all the time when the main canal gets jammed up, don’t you? I also like how the C&D canal has the normal canal and the HOV canal for boats with at least 3 people aboard, but they let electric boats in there with just one person if you pay for the special sticker :rofl:

2 Likes