Big news about c.captain's favorite person - Capt Ken Force!

[QUOTE=Mate_Zac;158266]C.captain, out of curiousity, 100 percent honest all sarcasm, movie references, exaggerated comments aside. Why do you loath USMMA so much? Did they do something to[/QUOTE]

if you were a member of this forum with standing going back many years, you’d know that first and foremost I object to what KP costs all Americans to have and what little it gives back in way of anything that cannot be just as effectively provided by the state schools at 1/4 the cost per student. Further I do believe the KP program to be not a true maritime program but military program with its maritime mission only as a footnote. This is something I too believe is wrong and makes the academy a poor use of scare funding. You would have read how I have shown how the money spent to educate less than 1000 could be used to provide educations to 4000 if it was not for the cost of maintaining an institution which was built only as an emergency wartime measure. The merchant marine is civilian so why are we training new mariners there as military officers?

Further, I believe KP comes across to the outside observer as a veritable circus run by clowns like Force each with their little fiefdoms and petty squabbles over influence. A little place for smaller people!

It’s the Gubmint, dammit. They never do anything directly AT ALL

It’s all this passive-aggressive shit like cryptic notes on whiteboards, etc. (very popular at N0AA)

They are evicting him from his residence, without telling him to retire. How passive aggressive can you get??

[QUOTE=c.captain;158265] All I can say is that the six other state chartered maritime schools manage to graduate competent mariners without them being able to pass and review.

![/QUOTE]

I don’t know about now but Mass had a band in the mid-80’s. They were referred to using a derogatory term that questioned their sexual preference… Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that there were competent mariners graduating. After all, I graduated during those years.

Schuyler still has a band.

[QUOTE=RespectMyAuthority;158272]I don’t know about now but Mass had a band in the mid-80’s. They were referred to using a derogatory term that questioned their sexual preference… Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that there were competent mariners graduating. After all, I graduated during those years.[/QUOTE]

In my days at KP (and I am pretty sure beyond that), the Band Jocks at KP were often derided regarding potential sexual preference. Not that there is anything WRONG with that, of course.

The whole thing reminds me a little of Brooks from Shawshank

[QUOTE=cmakin;158283]In my days at KP (and I am pretty sure beyond that), the Band Jocks at KP were often derided regarding potential sexual preference. Not that there is anything WRONG with that, of course.[/QUOTE]

Where on earth did “band jock” come from?

are they not all “band geeks” for Christ’s sake!

So wait, now you have a problem with the WORKER having rights and he has TOO MANY protections? Wtf? Are we in some kind of parallel universe? I’m getting dizzy. I thought you were for workers having all the leverage. That is what unions do and have done in the federal govt all over the country. You can’t have your cake and eat it too…

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;158285]The whole thing reminds me a little of Brooks from Shawshank[/QUOTE]

Do you think he’ll carve his name in a ceiling beam and then…

:frowning:

[QUOTE=TugNtow;158323]Wtf? Are we in some kind of parallel universe? .[/QUOTE]

of course this is a parallel universe where everything is completely upside down and backwards at the same time…it’s Kings Point we are talking about and not the real world. Captain Kenneth R. Force USMS is not a rank and file worker but a leech sucking blood from the taxpayer for the what I can well imagine is a $200k+ annual salary (with so many years of service and GS level he holds) PLUS free medical, dental, vision, retirement, and on and on when he is past his useful working life. Although I ain’t young, I realize old men staying till way past their time holds down others beneath them although I do not want to see a new KP Bandleader succeed Force but rather that the entire band be disbanded there and a whole new focus on purely maritime training take the place of the military training they substitute for the real thing. Of course, in my wet dreams KP is closed and the property turned into the world premier institute for developing maritime and shipbuilding technologies to be applied in the US for the great rebirth of the US Merchant Marine for global trade when legislation is passed by Congress mandating that 1/2 of all US foreign trade be carried in US built and flagged ships.

But I am back to playing don Quixote with that damned song playing in my head…and just when I had gotten it to stop.

[QUOTE=c.captain;158330]Captain Kenneth R. Force USMS is not a rank and file worker but a leech sucking blood from the taxpayer for the what I can well imagine is a $200k+ annual salary [/QUOTE]

There is a Chief eng at N0AA who is making 300k a year (alleged)…hogs the OT…and they let him do it for years and years. They are only just now trying to put the kabosh on it.

Some of you probably know who I’m talking about.

Just speaking of government leeches

I think Force is getting screwed big time. I feel bad for him.

If they want to retire him, just do it. Don’t mess with the man’s housing or other crap in an effort to degrade his quality of life. That’s just cruel and unnecessary.

They should have had a private conversation with him stating quite clearly it is time for him to retire. Let him make the announcement. Have a BIG retirement party - hell, erect a statue if needed, but let him move on with his dignity intact.

The way the KP admins handled this, Force will retire bitter and depressed. I doubt he will last a year.

How do we know they didn’t? Maybe Force refuses to go quietly into the night? Maybe Force is challenging the superintendent’s rule? Maybe he has threatened to run down Helis with his golf cart?

I always suspected a very powerhungry madman in Force who was not one to tangle with…I wonder how many careers he has destroyed over 44 long years? Time to take down that personal fiefdom that is the USMMA music program and direct the money to more useful things such as starting a ballet demolition team there!

Be honest, some of this is because you and your tuba were always out of tune and therefore kicked out of the band!

C.captain is concealing the truth, this is from 2013!

The only problem with the band argument is that every maritime academy has one, not to mention just about every university…

[QUOTE=z-drive;158347]Be honest, some of this is because you and your tuba were always out of tune and therefore kicked out of the band![/QUOTE]

GODDAMNED YOU to HELL SIR!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=z-drive;158348]C.captain is concealing the truth, this is from 2013![/QUOTE]

make that double!

Geeze…I think ole Z got ya there C.Capt.

I somehow think your feelings towards Capt Force would be different if he choose you for KP marching band majorette.

You can stop pouting.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;158373]Geeze…I think ole Z got ya there C.Capt.

I somehow think your feelings towards Capt Force would be different if he choose you for KP marching band majorette.

You can stop pouting.[/QUOTE]

and to think that you USED to be my heir apparent…but you squandered in on meth, crack and cheap shots at your’s truly. It’s such a pity to lose such an up and coming bright star to miserable temptation!

good luck in your doomed life

Well, you don’t want folks to think me a C.Captain sycophant do you?

Ah, I can still train to be a truck driver.