Aplication Status NMC

Credential Status AWAITING INFO Transaction Type RAISES OF GRADE Status Information The Coast Guard requires the following additional information from you: Application for License, Certificate of Registry, Merchant Mariners Document or STCW (CG Form 719B). An explanation letter was mailed to you on July 16, 2009. If you do not respond within 90 days your application will be withdrawn.

WTF ??? Does anyone understand this ???

You should call NMC soon to see what information they are requesting and if they don’t answer leave a message explaining the problem.

Sounds like they either lost or you never sent in an application - that’s what 719B is (Application for License, Certificate of Registry, Merchant Mariners Document or STCW). But don’t worry, the letter is in the mail, and it will probably take a week to get to you - I had 3 of them, and none of them ever got to me any sooner than that.

I checked my app status online and it has this message:

Status InformationThe Coast Guard requires the following additional information from you: Training Certificate(s). An explanation letter was mailed to you on July 15, 2009. If you do not respond within 90 days your application will be withdrawn.

I called the NMC and was told that my evaluator did not add any notes and this “is a message that is automatic and does not mean they are requiring this information”. I guess my question is why even put that on the status if it is not “valid”.

Brian

When you sent your app in to NMC what credentials/Licenses were you trying to obtain?

[LEFT]Upgrade to AB Unlimited (Tested, but did not take PSC 4 years ago)
Upgrade from 1600 T Master NC to 3rd Mate Unlimited NC
Add VSO & Medic Care Provider (Previously omitted) to STCW Cert
Issue Master AGT Inland.[/LEFT]

My status has been awaiting additional info since April.
No rhyme or reason to the system,never received first letter.2nd letter took 10 days
Now my status is “Timed Out”,I guess that’s so the 120 days they have had my app. doesn’t hurt their average.
No medicals involved on mine either,simple endorsements and upgrade in scope.

Talked to a couple people today up there. The way the evaluators are getting slammed with the backlog they may have forgot to gererate the awaiting info letter but made the changes in the computer then put your file in their pending drawer. It’s absurd what they are expected to do. The “big wheel” Dawn Hamilton from the contract company has been in the NMC everyday for weeks putting the preasure on the contractors. She owns Security Assistance Corp who was awarded the contract last time around.

They are expected to send ten files a day down to production, when you get engineering and upper level deck licenses raise in grades you can’t possibly do ten a day. If you got ten straight renewals in a perfect world you could do ten a day.

[quote=former contract evaluator;15789]Talked to a couple people today up there. The way the evaluators are getting slammed with the backlog they may have forgot to gererate the awaiting info letter but made the changes in the computer then put your file in their pending drawer. It’s absurd what they are expected to do. The “big wheel” Dawn Hamilton from the contract company has been in the NMC everyday for weeks putting the preasure on the contractors. She owns Security Assistance Corp who was awarded the contract last time around.

They are expected to send ten files a day down to production, when you get engineering and upper level deck licenses raise in grades you can’t possibly do ten a day. If you got ten straight renewals in a perfect world you could do ten a day.[/quote]

Appreciate the input,I have an appeal pending now,can you give any insight into how that works or timeframe when you were there?..Thanks

I called to speak with my evaluator but she wasn’t available. Later she called back and left me a message. Mr Casper…you currently hold 500M, you’re asking for STCW cert with VSO, i got that, but you’re also asking for 3000 ITC to be added to your license, I need some clarification as I’m not sure what you’re applying for. Has anyone ever had Laura White as an evaluator before ? Does she know her stuff ? She sounds really nice and polite on the the message, unlike the dude I had last time… Shawn Hornbecker. That dude stinks !!!Good luck to everyone else with your applications !!!

If memory serves correctly, Laura is one of the newer people there. I don’t think she has been there a year yet. I’m not sure who’s team she is on and that has a lot to do with getting direction when evaluating a file.

I was told my evaluator is Susan Weisenberg(?) and have tried several times to talk to her. But, the “front line” person can’t get a hold of her. I even left her a message at one point, still waiting on a return call. I was told that she is awaiting info from someone else in the “office”.

The most frustrating thing is leaving a message for someone (Susan Weisenberg) several times and not getting a return phone call. Very aggravated over it. I guess I will just have to wait for the letter and try to talk to then. If she will even talk to me at that point.

All,
Well I jumped off the deep end and contacted the NMC regarding the mistakes and omissions in my MMC…this should be a boondoogle…:cool:
MTSKIER

[quote=mtskier;15921]All,
Well I jumped off the deep end and contacted the NMC regarding the mistakes and omissions in my MMC…this should be a boondoogle…:cool:
MTSKIER[/quote]

Living a little dangerously aren’t you?:slight_smile:

I spoke with NMC several times about this “status”. That is, from what I have been told several times, is a generic status. The NMC is requesting additional info internally. I spoke with someone today and she told me to email a request for status and then, if in fact they do require anything from the mariner they will be able to email the letter to you along with snail mailing it out. Hope this helps someone out.

Brian

Well mine took six weeks. My status just changed from ready to be evaluated to Approved to Test, and in the meantime they’re printing me a MMC with the VSO endorsement.

I applied for 3/M oceans and Master AGT Inland. They denied my 3/M oceans, saying my GOM time wasn’t good for an oceans license. Uh huh. When I asked the evaluator how everyone on the large OSVs in the GOM was qualifying for 3/M, 2/M, and C/M, he didn’t have an answer for me but was more than happy to deny my application.

So I’ll test for Master AGT Inland and then apply for 2/M Oceans using the crossover, if that route still exists in a few months. What I wanna know is why I have to test for Master AGT Inland. So I called and got my evaluator on the phone. I asked him why do I have to test, saying I thought my Master 1600 Oceans exams went way above and beyond the modules on the Inland exam. He said “well since you’re so smart you shouldn’t have any trouble with the Inland exam”. I shit you not.

Doug,
Who’s your evaluator?

Doug - I would appeal the decision by the evaluator. 46 CFR 10.407© should apply to you. Although, I have been wrong in the past.

Brian

[quote=Capt Brian;16110]Doug - I would appeal the decision by the evaluator. 46 CFR 10.407© should apply to you. Although, I have been wrong in the past.

Brian[/quote]

The curse of running tugs <200 tons…