Aplication Status NMC

[quote=former contract evaluator;16104]Doug,
Who’s your evaluator?[/quote]

Kennedy is his name.

Hi D,
Well that s*cks! I wrote to the CO about my MMC and my questions regarding the STCW corrections. I really don’t expect anything, but I felt better…

david.c.stalfort@uscg.mil

Brian.k.eisentrout@uscg.mil Deputy Director

tina.m.bassett@uscg.mil number three

MTSKIER

My application was up dated saying letter sent 13 July, 2009. Waiting for additional Certificates. I figured that I would have the letter in a few days. I am at work so I let my wife know to be on the lookout. No letter. I finally called 10 days after the date it was supposedly mailed. I spoke with someone and found out what was on the letter, but the letter had never been sent. One step in the chain that slows things down. The discrepancy is my ABS Consulting Vessel Security Officer class was not Coast Guard Approved. SO I have to re-schedule since I took a class taught by ABS before the Coast Guard was even involved in approval. I requested that the VSO be removed from the application so I can test for Chief Mate and re-submit at a later date for VSO.

Doug

No idea who that is, must be somebody new.

Oh Man Doug, sorry to hear this…

No big deal. I’ll get it sorted out when I get home.

[I]D,
I feel your pain on the test issue! read Mr C’s response below.

Quote:
                                                                  Originally Posted by [B]Azimuth[/B]                     [[IMG]http://gcaptain.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]](http://gcaptain.com/forum/maritime-training-licensing/2154-1600ton-mate-oceans-3rd-mate-unl.html#post15860)                 
             [I]Interesting. 1600 Mate to 3rd Mate - no test. 1600 ton Master to 3rd mate - Test?[/I]

[/I]

Yes, depending on how and when you got to Master 1600. If you got there via Mate 500/1600 AFTER 2/1/02, there is no test because you’ve already taken a test in all required subjects. If you got to Master 1600 by another route, there are still gaps between what is on the new Mate 500/1600/3rd Mate exam and what you’ve taken in the past.

Your question is valid, and I will suggest to NMC that they review all ptahs to Master 500/1600 and close any gaps. The likely result if they follow up is that there will be additional exam material to go from Master 200 to Master 500/1600.
Policy Division (CG-5434)
James.D.Cavo@uscg.mil

from the very beginning of my dealings with the USCG…when they were asked why they kept changing the “requirements” for licensing…response on more than one occasion was that it necessary was in order to level the “playing field” so as not to treat everyone like a “redheaded stepchild”…don’t know about anyone else but I’m considering dyeing what hair I have left to bright henna!!

I’ve been in constant contact with my evaluator, she is so sweet and sounds sexy as hell. I love talking to her… I’m going to wait 90 days before I mail my missing info to her so we can keep talking LOL !! All jokes aside… best thing to do is, next time you talk to ur evalu8tr, get their e-mail address, so if you have to fax them a doc, u can instead scan it and send it via e-mail, that way it doesn’t have to be cleared into the system before getting to their desk. It has worked for me and sped things up. Hope this helps someone else