Any recent news on Ever Forward grounding?

You mean our shining city on a hill? Bugge is going off-topic as usual.

2 Likes

Oh sorry!! I just happened to have watch the goings on in Congress before posting.

It will NEVER happen again, Maybe.

That’s ok. I won’t think you’re an ass again. Maybe.

That’s OK, I don’t care too much about your thought anyway. Touche.
(Now we are really OT)

Ever seen an ass with a hat on?

Locals here think it is comical to fine anyone for running aground in the mud, we had enough fun laughing at them.
Where they were is not anyplace that mattered to oysters or crabs that much and our local chicken farmers and their chicken shit do 10,000 times more damage to oysters than the cell-phone driving off the road person did :rofl:

4 Likes

Self portrett??
(Better known as “Selfie” these days)

No, I am afraid not. Your fogged perception is again, way off. Perhaps you should change the thickness of your aluminum foil cover; your reception is way off…

Aluminum foil cover removed. Still the same perception and reception.
PS> That hat suits you!!!

I haven’t seen any update since the Maryland Department of Labor issued that press release on 12/6 after the report came out.

But I’m wondering if he will appeal his suspension? I don’t think I would if I were in his shoes. But that would essentially mean accepting retirement. It just seems inexcusable to me and I fear I would be embarrassed trying to explain how it happened to the board.

2 Likes

And that’s a wrap on his career…

The U.S. Coast Guard investigated the incident submitted its report but lacked direct authority to discipline the pilot.

I find this a bit puzzling. I did not realize the USCG had no ability to regulate or control what happens in state waters. In theory Maryland could round up all the drunks from Fells Point and rent them out as pilots :roll_eyes:

• it actually would have been better, the Ever Forward mate could have ignored the passed-out drunk and follow the clearly marked channel :wink:
1 Like

It’s about safety for the environment and commerce! Besides, states’ rights, monopoly for safety, etc etc.

State waters has nothing to do with it. It’s because he was not operating under the authority of his USCG license, but rather, his state one.

The USCG’s lack of authority in the matter of going after his license in this case actually has judicial precedence.

Note that this does NOT mean that other federal charges can’t be made (eg, SF Pilot John Cota / Cosco Busan and his federal prison sentence).

1 Like

So he probably still has his federal pilots license? He can still work for the federal pilot businesses? I mean, it’s probably a 50-75% pay cut, but a man’s gotta pay the bills!

1 Like

I can only imagine that he has a large cell phone bill.

5 Likes

Free Article: Mobile phone use in pilotage waters (nautinst.org)