American Exceptionalism

Because it’s the state, acting on the behalf of it’s citizens.

1 Like

Try to stay focused. Your assertion was and I quote “Uh, he’s putting kids in cages”. I asked for evidence. You didn’t produce any. Instead, you went off the rails about Trump’s predictions of virus deaths being off, challenging the definition of a cage, the fake news press, asking for proof that children are not in custody etc etc…
Back up your statements with facts instead of rants otherwise anything you say is BS and your bovine fecal matter only serves to stink the place up.

1 Like

What about this?

What about it? Could you make your question any more vague?

1 Like

This:

I refer you to youtube for photographic evidence that Mr. Biden repeatedly has lost his train of thought in the middle of sentences during the campaign and in interviews, in one case stunning the audience by claiming that “the cure will make the problem worse”. His gaffes are often followed by the classic deer in the headlights look. His age is a matter of public record.
If Trump is “putting kids in cages” I think it’s reasonable to ask the person making the claim for photographic evidence. It’s a serious accusation. Evading the question, taking the request as a personal insult and going off on a rant about other issues the poster has with Trump is not evidence.

Inflammatory statements with no back up are BS, also known in this context as trolling.

PS I bear Mr. Biden no ill will; he’s had a distinguished career. My wife had occasion to meet him when she was a Washington journalist and describes him as a modest man, an honest politician and a straight shooter, scarce qualities in the world of politics.
My personal opinion is that it’s time for him to gracefully retire and not embarrass himself or the nation. Please explain how that equals presenting an inflammatory statement as factual while refusing to provide proof.

2 Likes

It will be very important to see who Biden picks as his running mate because I think he still has enough sense to know he is losing his senses. I think he feels he is the candidate who has the best chance at beating Trump & that is all that matters for Dems. If he can do that then the number one priority of is platform would be complete & he can go out to pasture at any time a success. And if you ever lived in a metropolitan area that had professional sports teams then you know there’s fans who would cheer, buy tickets & merchandise for that team no matter how sucky they are. That is the Democrats & Bidens political strategy this go around. Cheer for me & buy my tickets because I’m your team, I’m the one playing & I’m not Trump. That’s all he needs to win the election, works all the time. Biden can be in a vegetative state & still get 40% of the vote. The same for Trump.

2 Likes

From WP today:

Not sure what this reply to me is referring to.

Since I have to guess, I’ll assume it has something to do with the (nation) state’s decision to detain illegal border crossers regardless of their age. I agree with this decision taken on my behalf by the (nation) state.

1 Like

Good luck. You’ll be bombarded with hard hitting statistics like POTUS’s tee times per day-per capita normalized for population density sometime very soon.

1 Like

The article is behind a paywall so maybe my question is addressed (if so, please cut and paste). Otherwise, why is this:

[quote=“ombugge, post:51, topic:54886”]
pandemic has made the substandard conditions at these [facilities] even more intolerable, which is why families have petitioned
[/quote]. (Edited for bias)

true? Has there been A COVID-19 outbreak in any of these facilities? If not and assuming the Govt. is practicing proper controls, I would say they are LESS likely to be exposed as essentially they are in a quarantine environment.

Damn it, did I miss it all?

After c.captain and Fraqrat retired, threads like this are far apart.

1 Like

I know you are biased,and don’t like facts, so I’ll repeat the rest of my earlier quote for clarity (and honesty)
“which is why families have petitioned federal judges in California and the District to release them. On Monday, the U.S. government has been ordered to explain to a federal judge in California why it continues to detain at least 341 children whose safety it is legally required to protect in family detention facilities”

You don’t like to hear, or face facts, but that is what you’ll get.as long as you keep om reading my posts.

PS> Maybe you think this is the right way to treat human beings and prove “the American exceptionalism”. Maybe it does, but not in a good way…

“Baby jails” is biased language… That’s a fact.

Plus points for the attempted deflection but at this point your MO is well known… I’ll try again:

Agree or disagree?

One way America is certainly exceptional is how we treat illegal entrants to our country. Care to compare and contrast how the US handles these criminals to how your motherland of China would respond? If you want, you can even start with how they treat their own citizens who just want to practice their religion… Care to compare and contrast the facilities along our southern border with the “facilities” where the Uyghur population is “re-educated”?

What would you call them? Toddle prisons maybe?

I don’t know if there have,but if not, it is a matter of time (Like everywhere else where people are kept together in close proximity)

Do the Govt practice proper controls? I don’t know, do you??

“They are in a quarantine environment”.
Yes, but are they able to keep “social distance” between family groups? I don’t know that either. Do you??

Since the whole world (any many Americans) regard this as illegal detention, I choose to do so too.

I’d call them what they are. Detention centers for illegal aliens.

The rest of your post is a long winded way of saying ‘no, the article doesn’t say there are any cases in the detention centers’. So no, they shouldn’t be released into the US as their safety is not in danger.

Covid-19 doesn’t just magically appear-it has to be introduced. As long as proper controls are maintained then it should be possible to keep that from happening.

As far as this, I could give two shits what the rest of the world thinks. Kow-tow-ing to what the rest of the world wants has led to 70 years of progress for them and regression to the mean for us. If the rest of the world doesn’t like it, they can send over some charter flights and we’ll load them up for you.

1 Like

China is not MY motherland and I don’t know how they treat Asylum seekers (They are not criminals)

I have not been to Xinjiang to see the facilities there. Have you?
I have not been to the camps along the southern border of the US either, but maybe you have?
Like you, I have seen pictures and read stories about the way the asylum seekers entering USA and the Uyghurs are treated, none of which appears to be very nice, (But then there may be biased reporting on both sides)

#ADS Same tired old song and dance

1 Like

No one “kow-towed” to China. The corporations in the USA and most other countries went there of their own free will. They jumped thru all the hoops that China put in front of them to gain market share [money] from the fastest growing economy in the world and to take advantage of labor prices that were much less than the countries from whci they came. They pocketed a LOT of money doing so. The political leaders of no developed country stopped them; as a matter of fact many of these companies got tax breaks or were able to use tax havens easier by moving to China. If anyone “kow-towed” to China it was the public that happily bought the products from China at a lower price without asking their leaders why their jobs were disappearing… But then what choice did they have? They weren’t making enough money to buy anything but the cheapest they could get and the average person can’t make a large enough “campaign contribution” to get anyone to listen.

4 Likes