Always hungry never starving

times are tough…a lot of guys are looking for work and it seems rather dismal, but whether you are pot fishing for blackbass or hand lining kingfish, bandit fishing for grouper/snapper, lining for bluefins…what ever, if you’re fishing to pay the bills you’re always seemingly hungry but never quite starving. I’ve got a handful of days before my season is done here in n.c. and all I’ve got is hope…had mad luck early this year, but I’m hoping for stragglers…seems like they’re gone though. gotta stick one more sea kitten and send it to tsukiji…
A!

I’m with you freind,this vermillion quota is going to be caught before you can sneeze.Hopefully it will last till grouper season.

Things are skinny all over. I feel fortunate to have a job in an industry I grew up in and know, even though I haven’t done it in 24 years.

The number of boats tied up just in Morgan City is amazing. I can’t imagine that Corpus Christi, Galveston, Lake Charles, Fourchon, Mobile and Moss Point are any different.

Six months away from home is going to be tough, but it’s better than living under a bridge. At least it’s warm/cool and mostly dry. Three hots and a bunk. And good shipmates…

Nemo

The number of boats tied up just in Morgan City is amazing. I can’t imagine that Corpus Christi, Galveston, Lake Charles, Fourchon, Mobile and Moss Point are any different.
Nemo[/quote]

Vessels coming and going everyday here in Galveston. Crowley, Vane Bros., Chouest, Fairfield, Helix, and lots of others. Very busy.

sounds like we are gaining momentum in Washington,hopefully things will change after the mid-term elections this year.If we could get rid of imports and tree-hugging beauracrats comm. fishing could flourish again:)