'All is Lost' Movie - Anyone know it?

Forget Captain Phillips, I want to see this movie ‘All is Lost’. Apparently Redford’s character barely says a word and doesn’t even have a name for the entire movie but somehow its really good. Looks intense.

//youtu.be/Lk_R04LfUQU

[QUOTE=Mikey;122291]Forget Captain Phillips, I want to see this movie ‘All is Lost’. Apparently Redford’s character barely says a word and doesn’t even have a name for the entire movie but somehow its really good. Looks intense.

//youtu.be/Lk_R04LfUQU
[/QUOTE]
Yeah…ditto that. This has been on my radar for a while. Guess it made some noise at Cannes (not that I’m into that) but it should be pretty sweet.

I’m an avid blow boater. Definately going to see this one. Although I find it hard to believe the guy wouldn’t say almost nothing. I talk to myself or simply talk out loud when I’m cruising out on my own. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Movie looks sick!

After Message in a Bottle I no longer see boat related movies with my wife. They rarely end well for the sailors.

So far it’s got a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is pretty incredible… sounds like it’ll at least be entertaining.

[QUOTE=Tugboater203;122296]After Message in a Bottle I no longer see boat related movies with my wife. They rarely end well for the sailors.[/QUOTE]

Wife? What’s that. Oh…never mind…

[QUOTE=cmakin;122340]Wife? What’s that. Oh…never mind…[/QUOTE]

It’s what happens when you find someone who can tolerate your crap and your schedule.

[QUOTE=Tugboater203;122358]It’s what happens when you find someone who can tolerate your crap and your schedule.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like THAT happens… . …mine lasted quite awhile after I came ashore, but I kept taking work with screwier schedules than sailing… .

[QUOTE=Tugboater203;122358]It’s what happens when you find someone who can tolerate your crap and your schedule [B]in exchange for spending all of your paychecks[/B].[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

I heard a glowing review of this movie on NPR today. It’s about a guy on a sailboat that had an unfortunate incident with a floating shipping container and what he does afterward. Here’s a quote: “I never thought boat repair could be so riveting”. LOL

Wow, he still looks great! And the trailer does look intense- I’ll be looking for this one. (Did I just use the word “look” four times in three sentences?)

[QUOTE=catherder;122710]Wow, he still looks great! And the trailer does look intense- I’ll be looking for this one. (Did I just use the word “look” four times in three sentences?)[/QUOTE]

Whoa Ms. Herder. Try to get that stallion back in the stable.
My Mom feels the same way. What is it about this old guy that gives the previous generation of women all a honey glow?

btw - I was going to try to see the movie this weekend but it’s not playing anywhere nearby. May have to wait for the DVD