AAS Small Vessel Operations

I have a few questions about SUNY Maritime’s AAS in Small Vessel Operations. Is anyone familiar with the program? What tonnage licenses are you eligible for after you complete either the deck or engineering SVO programs? Are there additional licenses/endorsements you can earn while studying at SUNY Maritime? Since it’s a two year program, how does that work with regards to the Regiment of Cadets? Are you a 4/C your first year and a 3/C your second (and final) year? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

hey buddy gimme a text 631 831 7422 or shoot me a pm on here and ill give you all the info that you need. i am a graduate from suny and went through that program. ttys

PM on the way!

PM sent…

[quote=Jon;27181]I have a few questions about SUNY Maritime’s AAS in Small Vessel Operations. Is anyone familiar with the program? What tonnage licenses are you eligible for after you complete either the deck or engineering SVO programs? Are there additional licenses/endorsements you can earn while studying at SUNY Maritime? Since it’s a two year program, how does that work with regards to the Regiment of Cadets? Are you a 4/C your first year and a 3/C your second (and final) year? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

The program is 30 months, you must be in the regiment, do indoc and make your MUG cruise.

On the deck side you “can” in quotes because not everyone can do this earn up to a 1600 ton mate Oceans license, you will also be endorsed for able seaman unlimited, lifeboatman, STCW and GMDSS.

This all depends on the seatime that you acquire during cadet observer ie the tonnage of each vessel.

If you follow the program plain jane you will receive a 500 ton Mate (pilot) license. MOst people complete the program with enough experience to start as a pilot in lieu of apprentice steersman.

The engineering program was just recently approved by the USCG and since I’m a decky I will not comment, except to say that is similar.