A.M.O Election

That level of voter apathy is amazing.

I hope the new management turns out to be a big improvement. The AMO guys certainly need a big raise

[QUOTE=tugsailor;149469]That level of voter apathy is amazing.

I hope the new management turns out to be a big improvement. The AMO guys certainly need a big raise[/QUOTE]

I think it was a surprise. Most guys here thought Bethel was a shoe-in. I don’t think it was so much as Doell win as it was a Bethel loss. In other words, they didn’t vote for Doell so much as they voted against Bethel.

Old Jack Hearn is probably regretting not running. Oh well…you snooze, you lose.

I for one won’t turn down a big raise

[QUOTE=RespectMyAuthority;149474]I think it was a surprise. Most guys here thought Bethel was a shoe-in. I don’t think it was so much as Doell win as it was a Bethel loss. In other words, they didn’t vote for Doell so much as they voted against Bethel.

Old Jack Hearn is probably regretting not running. Oh well…you snooze, you lose.

I for one won’t turn down a big raise[/QUOTE]

It was not a surprise you. contradict your self in the whole statement, if you say that doell won because Bethel alienated voters then you realize that it isn’t a surprise because tommys personality alienates everyone 50 votes for tom came from in house voters who only has loyalty to bethel because of their job. so doell actually won by 100

By the way I have talked with Jack and it was because of what he started in 2006 is why AMO is here now with a new National President and Secretary Treasurer

[QUOTE=Hitorque;149480]It was not a surprise you. contradict your self in the whole statement, if you say that doell won because Bethel alienated voters then you realize that it isn’t a surprise because tommys personality alienates everyone 50 votes for tom came from in house voters who only has loyalty to bethel because of their job. so doell actually won by 100

By the way I have talked with Jack and it was because of what he started in 2006 is why AMO is here now with a new National President and Secretary Treasurer[/QUOTE]

Dear Paul,

It can be both a surprise and a vote against Bethel. With a small amount of people voting, anything can happen. There were even some who didn’t vote for prez. but voted for sec./tres. I was also surprised at the low amount of people voting. As for your counting ability, well you must have taken that “new math”.

Speaking of new math, has anyone else noticed that there were 930 ballots yet there were 932 votes for Bethel/Doell and 931 votes for Leonard/Murdock? Hmmm

How is Jack’s new lawsuit going? He is well versed in losing them by now. Has he been working since he resigned his last job before he got fired? I know he tried to retract his resignation the next day. Too bad the company told him to pound sand.

I am sure Jack thinks he is completely responsible for a new prez and sec/tres. After all, he is god’s gift to the merchant marine. It had absolutely nothing to do with Bethel/Doell or Leonard/Murdock.

Actually 922 votes in Doell/Bethel and 921 in Murdock/Leonard tallied out of 930 counted.

[QUOTE=FirthofForth2;149498]Actually 922 votes in Doell/Bethel and 921 in Murdock/Leonard tallied out of 930 counted.[/QUOTE]

I was using new math

I think alot of members left after the lmsr contract was last so there weren’t as many people that actually cared

Well the bright side of this info is that the AMO is only helping US employers enforce third world wages against 3000 US mariners.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;149643]Well the bright side of this info is that the AMO is only helping US employers enforce third world wages against 3000 US mariners.[/QUOTE]

lest you forget the SIU’s contribution to working longer for less…

I wouldn’t wish the siu on my worst enemy.

And I really think there are less than 3k members. I know of a lot of people that have left

how about “thePharoah”?

And I really think there are less than 3k members. I know of a lot of people that have left

which answers why so many ballots were returned “undeliverable”…people running from the AMO like it was a tomb! With no pension left to stay for, why would anyone?

• Updated - - -

I personally want to see Gremelsbacher’s head on a pike

Poor guy, whatever happened to him? Probably on some Cypriot flagged pisspot with Indian deckhands, a 55 year old Russian 3rd mate and no AC running around the suez? Oh yes they’re probably chronically out of cigarettes too!

[QUOTE=z-drive;149659]Poor guy, whatever happened to him? Probably on some Cypriot flagged pisspot with Indian deckhands, a 55 year old Russian 3rd mate and no AC running around the suez? Oh yes they’re probably chronically out of cigarettes too![/QUOTE]

NAW! He gots himself a cushy job running this fine cruise ship…

Earlier this week I spoke with a former engine cadet from a few years ago. He just graduated this spring, working on a drillship as 3rd Engineer. Of his graduating class, about half went offshore O&G, some went to supply boats, a few went on to grad degrees and shore jobs, a few more to MEBA, and the lowest ranked, barely-graduated cadet went AMO. One person. And he was older, in his 40s. The retirement scheme wasn’t as important to that guy, though he did qualify for the higher percentages due to his age…

[QUOTE=NewEngr;149691]Earlier this week I spoke with a former engine cadet from a few years ago. He just graduated this spring, working on a drillship as 3rd Engineer. Of his graduating class, about half went offshore O&G, some went to supply boats, a few went on to grad degrees and shore jobs, a few more to MEBA, and the lowest ranked, barely-graduated cadet went AMO. One person. And he was older, in his 40s. The retirement scheme wasn’t as important to that guy, though he did qualify for the higher percentages due to his age…[/QUOTE]

The guys who went Oil could be hurting now.

I went AMO 25+ years ago and am going to retire before I am 55. My deck classmates mostly went in to the navy nuke program. I imagine they are retired by now. I have a few buddies who went with Mickey Mouse & Pluto. They are going to have to work well into their sixties.

[QUOTE=NewEngr;149691]Earlier this week I spoke with a former engine cadet from a few years ago. He just graduated this spring, working on a drillship as 3rd Engineer. Of his graduating class, about half went offshore O&G, some went to supply boats, a few went on to grad degrees and shore jobs, a few more to MEBA, and the lowest ranked, barely-graduated cadet went AMO. One person. And he was older, in his 40s. The retirement scheme wasn’t as important to that guy, though he did qualify for the higher percentages due to his age…[/QUOTE]

AMO’s situation summarized, perfectly. Apparently, it’s now the refuge of last resort. For me, the rat-fucking of the pension plan was major consideration in decision to bolt. I don’t know these new officials-elect… curious to see what transpires in next few years.

[QUOTE=c.captain;149656]

I personally want to see Gremelsbacher’s head on a pike

[/QUOTE]

Of course you would, you hate everything AMO. You would like to see every AMO member that way. I am sure it won’t be long before you start on Doell & Murdock.

Given the current state of brutalities in the middle east, with all the beheadings and the like, I personally find the head on a pike a bit much.

I think I found where ThePharaoh ran off to…

http://m.pilotonline.com/?cu=spreed%3A%2F5083579%2F5082647%2F41264931

[QUOTE=Chief Seadog;149701]Given the current state of brutalities in the middle east, with all the beheadings and the like, I personally find the head on a pike a bit much.[/QUOTE]

I agree, even though I understand the feelings, this picture really pushed the limits of good taste!