500 itc

Was just informed by NMC call center that “The USCG no longer issues/prints/deals with any ITC tonnage.”

It’s probably because they mean all they say is GT, just dropping the Itc name to it.

No, I’m not referring to GRT.

Would be my guess. . .

This is true there are no more ITC tonnage endorsements on the new licenses. I just got mine back last week. They have also replaced the word domestic with the word national.

[QUOTE=Mullet Farm;149681]Was just informed by NMC call center that “The USCG no longer issues/prints/deals with any ITC tonnage.”[/QUOTE]

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/nvic/pdf/2014/nvic-02-14_Grandfathering_final_with_encls_20140122.pdf#page=55

Beginning on March
24, 2014 only GRT
will be used on
national officer
endorsements [B]other
than[/B] Master (OSV);
Chief Mate (OSV),
and Mate (OSV)

[QUOTE=z-drive;149790]Beginning on March
24, 2014 only GRT
will be used on
national officer
endorsements [B]other
than[/B] Master (OSV);
Chief Mate (OSV),
and Mate (OSV)[/QUOTE]

From the NVIC I posted a link for. I decided not to just cut and paste, if they can’t be bothered to read it for themselves they’re not really that interested. They might even learn how to find stuff out for themselves.

Agreed…found it interesting myself though.

It basically streamlines the wording, so there’s only GRT on domestic endorsements (besides OSV’s) and only GT on STCW endorsements…correct?

That should eliminate some confusion when international. Any downfalls to this anyone sees?

What would be much simpler and better is to eliminate GRT entirely, and only use GT for US licenses (the same as every other country in the world).

AGREED. ITC ALL AROUND! DEATH TO GRT! BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT DOWN! (That’s the acceptable social practice these days, right? Works for me in this case!)