500/1600 Ton Mate Programs

Hello all

I have applied to the Workboat Academy but want to have other options. Does anyone know of a compete list of 2 year 500/1600 ton programs? I think SUNY runs one. Does Texas? Any word on the quality of the programs?

Thanks! Happy Memorial Day to everyone and especially my fellow vets!

Have you tried Google or the forum search function yet my son? All of the information you seek is readily available through a few simple Google searches and the members here are fairly tired of answering the same questions like this over and over again. Better watch your noggin, lest it be separated from you by less kind and gentle souls than myself!

Yep. Did all that. Just wanted the latest info and opinions. Don’t answer it if you are tired of answering. Don’t you have better things to do on Memorial Day than flame people on an Internet forum? I’m headed to the beach…

[QUOTE=gman1984;162863]Yep. Did all that. Just wanted the latest info and opinions. Don’t answer it if you are tired of answering. Don’t you have better things to do on Memorial Day than flame people on an Internet forum? I’m headed to the beach…[/QUOTE]

Where do you think I’m gCaptaining from!? The couch!?

Lol. Ok ok. Well look I wasn’t trying to offend anyone by asking the question. I have googled. Read the threads. Etc. I just think a forum is a place to get up to date info advice and opinions. There is no need to rely on dated threads when you are in an online community.

Anyhow, my google search revealed SUNY and Workboat Academy offering a 2 year program. If I missed anything I would love to know. Furthermore, specifically talking about the 2 year programs I as hoping to get the latest opinions.

Not holding a gun to anyone’s head. If u are offended by the question you don’t need to respond.

Thanks all!

Just passed my test Thursday. Get a job on a boat. Earn seatime. Prove yourself. Start with a 100 ton. Work your way up.

Maine Maritime does a 2 year small vessel program that offers the same as workboat I believe

2 year, 200 - 4 year, 500/1600

[QUOTE=rshrew;162882]Maine Maritime does a 2 year small vessel program that offers the same as workboat I believe[/QUOTE]

Maine’s 2 year program is for mate 200. Their mate 500 program is 4 years

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;162858]Have you tried Google or the forum search function yet my son? All of the information you seek is readily available through a few simple Google searches and the members here are fairly tired of answering the same questions like this over and over again. Better watch your noggin, lest it be separated from you by less kind and gentle souls than myself![/QUOTE]

Yet you had time to type this post