2020 Hurricane season prediction

The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is predicted to be more active than usual according to an outlook released Thursday by the Colorado State University Tropical Meteorology Project.
The group led by Dr. Phil Klotzbach calls for 16 named storms, eight hurricanes and four major hurricanes. A major hurricane is one that is Category 3 or higher (115-plus-mph winds) on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
This forecast is above the 30-year average (1981 to 2010) of 12 named storms, six hurricanes and three major hurricanes.

I have been Googling “What happens when you mix a hurricane with a pandemic” and I didn’t get any meaningful results. Just kept giving me the word “chaos”.

Imagine another Irma visiting Florida (where I live in FMB), or the mid-Atlantic coast, and large numbers of people being told to evacuate, to leave their “stay at home” security to hit the road seeking alternate shelter.

Going to be interesting.

2 Likes

Well, when I Googled it this came up.

1 Like

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

1 Like

Is this going to be a Sharknado spinoff? Corona cane?

It gets worse! I Googled “Moving inland to escape Pandemic Hurricane & Zombie Tidal Wave” and the below link was the top of the search results. We’re Doomed!

Zombie Tornado!!

Covid-19 and Hurricane:

To prepare for the corona virus, the government of the Solomon Islands ordered people on Guadalcanal, with the capital Honiara, to go to their home island, to be safer there.

A ferry left Honiara with the concerned passengers for the island of Malaita, 60 NM away…
…and ran into (or near) the well-forecasted hurricane ‘Harald’.
At least 28 passengers have been swept overboard and are lost; maybe they ignore how many where really on board.

1 Like