1600t master sailing as DPO

My question is sailing as dpo only, on a drillship, will I be able to keep my masters license

why on earth do you think that you wouldn’t?

sounds like it would be an awfully boring job.

I can sort of see the reasoning behind his question…would the CG count your seatime as’ DPO only’ towards a renewal or an upgrade? DPO is not a CG designation and I would think that seatime would only count if you are sailing under a CG designated endorsement. I’m kind of worried that the CG would not recognize my time towards my upgrade to 2nd Mate AGT if my seatime letters only read DPO and am having my letters of time that say ‘DPO Mate’ rewritten so the ‘DPO’ part is not stated in the letter…Anyone want to clear this up?

[QUOTE=c.captain;51241]why on earth do you think that you wouldn’t?[/QUOTE]

Hell, the guy can get a seatime letter as an A/B and use it to renew his MMD & license or he can just renew without the seatime at all although he would likely have to take a BST refresher course.

[QUOTE=boattrash;51244]sounds like it would be an awfully boring job.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but the moneys good

[QUOTE=c.captain;51302]Hell, the guy can get a seatime letter as an A/B and use it to renew his MMD & license or he can just renew without the seatime at all although he would likely have to take a BST refresher course.[/QUOTE]

thank you very much I didn’t know I could do that