1600 inland mate test to 3rd mate

If you have received an original 1600 ton mate INLAND license in 2009, can you upgrade to a 3rd mate license, just by taking all the STCW classes, without testing for the 3rd mate at the REC? is would seem that you could as they are the same test, provided that you meet the seatime requirements

No. The 1600 ton Inland test is not the same as the 2nd/3rd mate test.

I found that out, thank for the reply,testing for 3d this coming march