15 Year Lineboat Chief Desires License

This is one of the books I was referring to https://www.captainsnautical.com/products/marine-engineering-illustrations-workbook-volume-4-electrical It’s just for the illustrations but there are Electrical, Motors, Generals/Refrigeration, and Safety versions. I found them to be extremely helpful.

1 Like

I’ll second the recommendations for the Mariner Advancement usb. It’s a simple and effective way to study. The owner is a great guy who answers emails quickly, and is always looking to improve his product.

3 Likes

I can vouch for that too. The few times I have had to talk to him, he has been very accomodating and responsive.

3 Likes

Theres PILES of books and study material out there, I also used the mariner advancement usb. Half of the exam questions are fairly easy if you’ve studied the material, I wouldnt go sit till your banging a consistent 90% with the practice exams. Had 3-4 CFR questions, you want to be able to look them up, general stuff like reading a micrometer, basic HVAC, honestly it’s not that bad. You should get the EMD questions, had a couple of those.

1 Like

Joey was a very sharp Engineer and puts out a great product. I would also recommend Mariner Advancement.

2 Likes